0.11

As stupid as it sounded but I had truly been falling fast and hard over the span of two months, it almost felt insane but ethereal, madness but heaven. With two days of our sophomore year left to go, it's safe to say the end of school adrenaline had taken over and I was impatient to get it over with but sad to go.

Chanel and I had decided today we were going to dress up today, go big or go home as she had said. She showed up in the parking lot wearing a fitted black dress with black high tops, sporting her new short, blown out hair. Whereas I went for a denim dress with front pockets along with air force 1s and dainty Ray-Bans, wearing my hair straight.

The beginning of the day went by fairly quick considering how boring it would've been to watch Ratatouille four times in the span of three hours. It's like I blinked, and half the day is already gone, now it was lunch time, and I was bored. I saw a group of people headed for the Softball field, probably to play kickball, seeing that there was a kickball in Austin's hands "Chanel, wanna do kickball?"

"Ehhh," She bit her lip, contemplating. "Why not, let's go." We jumped off the bleaches and headed for the field.

"FRED, SAVE US A SPOT!!" I hollered, waving at him to get his attention. He shot us a thumbs up and we picked up the pace, speed walking our way to the field.

"Teams?" Chanel asked, slightly out of breath.

"Yeah, uh Austin and I are team captains." Jacob says. "I get first pick though and I want Ace." He smirked at Austin upon snatching his best friend for his team. 

Austin gaped but then quickly gained composure and selected Luke, a guy from the other AP Lit class. It went back and forth until Jacob snatched up Chanel and left me standing with a few other guys and Lynn, who had joined the teetering group a few minutes ago. Austin then decided to call my name, I mean, it was not the ideal team I was hoping for but at least I wasn't the last one pick.

"AY WE GET FIELD FIRST SINCE YOU GUYS HAD FIRST PICK!" Austin hollered, throwing the ball to Fred who was on Jacob's team. "OH, AND I GO FIRST GUYS,"

I sighed and jogged to the back of the line, giving Chanel a 'kill me already' look. She shrugged and gave me a sympathy filled look back.

Austin, being the soccer junkie he is, kicked the ball all the way out to the soccer field, so the left field people had to go run after the ball while he zoomed through all the bases and scored us a point. I realized the next person to go kick was Kingston, lately we had been running into each other and talking a lot more than before.

Kingston effortlessly punted the ball and jogged through the bases leisurely while the other team struggled after the ball. He, however, stopped at third base because he knew who was going next, Jeremiah. His best friend for God knows how long, again another soccer kid, he may be shorter than me, but he's got a good left kick. Shawn and Asher followed Jeremiah and successfully kicked the ball and Lynn was up for my team. She kicked it as well, and that pushed me up to the plate. Fred serves the ball to me, and I kick towards center using an old play, I knew that Shawn was a good runner, so I did it. Shawn had successfully semi-slid into home and I had reached first base. Ethan went after me and kicked a far one, moving me up to second base where I almost collided with Ace and got knocked out. 

I let out a small gasp as Ace grabbed my forearms and braced us both in case we did stumble back too much. I quickly spun and touched second base with my foot while still being held by the forearms, "You can let go now, Ace." I panted. He turned into a cherry shade as he gently let go, sheepishly looking down, making me tinge with red as well. As I loaded the base, preparing to run, "Wait!" Ace subtly exclaimed, as he tugged my arm, so I faced him. He stepped closer and took my sunglasses off, "It's all over your face," he blew the hair away from my eyes and pushed it back, tucking it behind my ears and finally putting the sunglasses back on my face.