0.13

"So you're telling me, that I, I have to be Ace's dance partner for that one dance, because his partner Amelia-"

"Amanda." Ishaan corrected.

"Amanda, isn't here?" I finished. "What about Rohan? Who's he going to dance with?"

"I'm not." Rohan said from behind me. "Be with Ace and I'm free from this thing." He smirked.

"Roach." I muttered under my breath.

"Please just do it Sana, I'm begging you." To further help his case, he got on his knees and pleaded.

"Argh, fine. You're lucky I love you."

I had to replay that conversation six times in my head as I mentally cursed myself in front of Ace. This dance was extremely handsy.

Fuck me.

I wouldn't last a whole minute if Ace had his hands all over me.

"Ready?" Ace whispered in my ears, making me jump.

"No." I mumbled.

His thumb brushed my hip, slowly rubbing it. "Don't worry. You got this."

The stage crew helped us get the harnesses and footing for the flying parts. I was hella nervous now, Rowan was perfect at handling the flying parts and I've never even seen Ace practice at all. Why did Amelia have to-

Fuck it's Amanda not Amelia. Why did she have to break her leg yesterday?

Ace grabbed my hips as the curtains unveiled. The parentals weren't here for this because this was more for the friends to watch. We had a separate, more appropriate routine for the parents.

The song starts out extremely sensual. "In My Feelings" by Lana Del Ray is the opening song. I open with an arabesque and Ace runs his hand up my leg, a flutter of butterflies storm my body by surprise. Once his hand reaches my hip, he pulls me back and spins me into his chest, we both somewhat enter a salsa that's extremely slowed down. It really adds effect to the sexy, sensual aspect of it though.

His breath fanned my cheek as we spun and moved in sync. The last ten seconds he spun me out and pulled me back in, grabbing the back of my thigh and dipping me low enough for my hair to touch the stage. He also dipped, his face was mere inches away from mine, elevating all of my emotions.

Clapping filled my ears and we both snapped out of our trance. Exiting the stage, I felt all the energy had changed, it was hotter in the room, there was almost a charge surging throughout the air.

"You did great," Ace murmured, lowering his mouth to my ear.

I turned my head over to his and found his cheek. "Thank you, you did amazing. Didn't know you had the dancer genes."

"I had no idea either," his chuckle rumbled through me.

For the next hour and a half we all went around and talked to people. Once the parents started showing up, most of the people chose tables and sat down. Food and drinks were being served and music was blaring.

After our performance for the parents, majority of our main friend group shifted to the huge break room meant for the younger crowd.

"Spin the bottle!" Ishaan half-yelled while standing on top of a table.

"Oh fuck, he's kind of drunk." Ace muttered, grabbing his down from the table.

I laughed at poor Ishaan while he pulled out an empty glass bottle. "Everyone in a circle,"

We all obeyed, holding back laughter. "Who's going first?" A boy from Easton, who I'm presuming is Mateo, says.

I'm horrible with names.