What Happened With Charlie

Steven

It was bad. Everything was bad. Especially me. I mean, despite the fact that the whole band was using, Charlie never got much into the whole drugs thing. Sure, there were a few times where she would use, but it wasn't like she was ever addicted... Which is strange. With the success of Toys in my mind that night at her mom's wedding, and feeling absolutely ecstatic about the band's success and the fact that now it was just Charlie and me together, and no one else, I wasn't thinking straight. Well, I knew what I wanted and I was certain that I definitely wanted to be with her forever, but I hadn't realized that I just wasn't ready for that. And she wasn't either.

Like I said, it was bad. The longer she lived with us, the more frequently we fought. And the fights are nothing I'm proud of, let me tell you. They were ugly, to say the least. Both verbally and... I'm ashamed to admit, physically. It got so bad at one point that Tom and Terry took her home with them for a week. Then right before the release of Rocks, just after quite a bad bout of argument, she had locked herself in our room. She had been in there since the early afternoon, and I had finally cooled down enough to realize what I had done by around midnight, so I unlocked the door with the key sitting atop the doorframe, and laid down next to her.  That's typically how the 'apologies' went, though that had certainly been the worst argument yet.  When I woke up the next morning–well, afternoon, really–with a hangover, and no clear recollection of exactly what had happened the day previous, I was alone. That was kind of a usual thing for me to wake up after her, but when I had gone into the living room to apologize yet again, she wasn't there.  I had asked one of my bandmates–I don't remember who–where she was, and they had told me she had left. She didn't have a job and she wasn't in school at the time, so there was really nowhere else for her to go. But then the bandmate went on to explain that she had left for good–she had left me and she wasn't coming back. Then he had asked where Charlie had gotten the bruise on her left cheek, and I didn't answer. Instead, I too left the apartment, slamming the door behind me. I don't remember anything that happened soon after that.

-

A/N: There's how it happened... in a nutshell (referencing my own fics... wow)  Vote and comment c: