Chapter 11- Nate's POV

The storm is raging outside, the storm is raging in my heart and in my soul. I want my mate. I want to hold her. Yet here I am stuck a three days run from her. Half the time I link Nick I hit a block. My thoughts swirl around my mate, my Jemma. Since I found out her name it fills my every waking thought. I want to know what her favorite color is, What her favorite food is. What does she like to do for fun, what helps her relax? Is she a homebody or does she like to go out? What's her favorite music? The questions are endless and the more I think about her the more I feel like I'm climbing the walls.

Last night Nick told me how she completely resisted his Alpha aura and the little minx blew him a kiss and threw him totally off his game. When he told me that I had to laugh. Our girl is strong. Not just anyone can stand up under that pressure but from what Nick said she not only stood up to it, she acted like she didn't even feel it.

Nate, you up yet? Nick's voice breaks through

I've been up for hours. How's Jemma?

We just finished breakfast. She sat by me and let me serve her.

I know he wasn't trying to rub my face in it but was trying to keep me in the loop however I would be lying if I said I wasn't completely jealous of him.

Did she eat well? I clipped out

Yeah she did. I need to share with you what I have learned about her. I could hear the tears in his voice.

What's going on? I'm scared, like really scared

Well first of all the little girl in our dream is real. Her name is Maddie.

Jemma has a daughter? Does she look like us though? The girl in the dream looked just like us. I am so confused.

That's the crazy thing. She does look like us, she looks just like she did in our dream.

Who's her father?

I don't know, Jemma doesn't talk about him and I haven't found a tactful way to ask

Since when are you tactful? I chuckle, that has never been one of Nick's strengths.

Hey, I'm learning. I've had too since... well.... since meeting Jemma.

Okay so what is Maddie like. In the dream she was spunky.

Oh she's spunky alright, she likes to torment Seth and I think he likes it when she does. I hear the slight growl in his voice that I mimic. Maddie will be my daughter too some day and just the thought of a little boy being around her makes me edgy. This makes no sense, I haven't even met her and I'm already over protective of her.

Nate, we almost lost her. His voice is a whisper and weighed down with pain.

I don't understand. How did we almost lose her? Did you do something? Are you driving her away because of Layla?

The growl that came through the link was powerful and pissed HOW DARE YOU EVEN SUGGEST I WOULD CHOOSE THAT WHORE OVER OUR MATE!

Well that answers that question. Nick is truly done with that she-wolf, and good riddance. Then what are you saying?

Remember how I said she was hurt?

How could I forget, it haunts me that she's hurt and I can't be there for her, helping her, taking care of her. I let my frustration bleed into the link so he knows how I feel.