Chapter 24 - Jemma's POV

As I ran up the stairs to our room, wow add this to things to get used to, swinging my left arm more dramatically than I typically do just because it felt so light without the cast on it. I think back and am flabbergasted that Nick prayed over me even before he liked me, after I had challenged him at dinner, he prayed and it helped me heal faster. Then Nate before he even met me, before we even spoke also gave me some of his life force. I don't know what to do with this information so I'm just going to tuck it away until it makes sense.

I get to our bathroom and used some of their soap to clean that weird skin smell off my arm. Thankfully my favorite lotion had somehow survived the crash and thoroughly coated my arm with it. I wonder how long it will take for my arm to look like my other one again?

When I was done I poked my head into Maddie's room and see that she's almost to the top of her rock wall. She had pulled her bean bag chair over and had it under her like a sort of crash pad. She has changed out of her princess dress and was now in a swimsuit for some reason.

After she got to the top and jumped down into the chair I clapped "That was awesome sweetheart!"

She turned and looked at me "Mommy did you see me? I made it all the way to the top all by myself."

"I did see you. Why don't you get dressed so that you can tell Ni..I mean Daddy and Papa all about it. Do you want me to help you get dressed?" I asked. I still wasn't used to referring to anyone as Daddy or Papa for her but she likes to call them that and they seem to like hearing it. It reminds me of the dream and for some weird reason it brings me a sense of peace.

"No thanks, Grandma Val helped me by putting all my clothes in the lower drawers and lower rods so I can reach them." Maddie chirped as she ran to her closet.

"Okay sweetie, when you're done come downstairs to the sitting room, Daddy and Papa have some people they want to introduce us to." I tell her as I make my way to the door.

She has always been independent but she has become more so since the accident. I hate to admit that I miss those days when she needed me for everything. However I'm excited to watch her grow into a strong independent young woman. I also have to wonder if she really is part wolf. If she is, that means that Jay was a werewolf and never told me. At least now we have Nick and Nate to help with Maddie when she shifts for the first time. I wonder what color wolf she'll have.

As these thoughts are running through my mind I made my way down the stairs and towards the sitting room. I hear voices inside the room before I see faces.

"Sis, it's good to see you." I hear Chris say to who I assume is Charlie.

"Amber you look so adorable with your baby bump" Selene's voice is next to drift out.

As I reach for the door handle it is opened and I see Nick and Nate both in front of me their smiles wide and genuine as they block me from seeing further into the room.

"Pixie, I'm so glad you're fully healed." Nick said as he took hold of my left hand and brought it to his lips kissing each knuckle and the back of my wrist before flipping my hand over and kissing my palm and the inside of my wrist.