Chapter 12 - Jemma's POV

After breakfast was done and the table cleared Mitch and Selene excused themselves same with Shay and Blake. I didn't want to be left alone with Nick so I quickly asked Heather if she could help me with something before she could leave as well.

"Sure, why don't you meet me in the sitting room that we were in yesterday in about 10 minutes." She said while standing up.

"Perfect I'll meet you there." I said as I stood up to go to my room to grab some things. Before I left I turned to Nick "Thank you for your help with breakfast."

Before I could turn away Nick reached for my hand running his thumb across my knuckles sending those tingles that I find so addicting for no reason whatsoever skittering up my arm. "It was my pleasure. Will you please sit by me at lunch?" he asked again with a hopeful-ish look.

I take a deep breath. The tingles continue to radiate through my body and have started to converge in my lower abdomen, the feeling is completely distracting in a very confusing yet good way. "Sure, I'll sit by you." I say after taking a few seconds to clear my head.

The smile that spreads across his face completely changes his appearance. He goes from looking stern and reserved to looking happy and approachable. I really like his smile, he definitely needs to do that more. "Fantastic. I'll come and find you right before it's time to be seated." He says before catching me completely off guard by placing a feather light kiss on my knuckles before abruptly standing and strolling out of the room.

As I watch Nick walk away I catch Clay watching me with an indecipherable look. For a second I thought he was going to come over and talk to me but instead he turned and left as well. I don't know what to think about that. I shake it off and make my way up to my room to grab my laptop bag and my purse. I hope Heather will not only help me connect to the wifi so that I can contact my family and my boss, that is if I still have a job, but to also start looking for a car and figure out where I am in relation to Harrisville.

As I make my way back downstairs I realize that my energy is quickly running out. I may have woken up feeling a ton better but I'm still healing and that's taking up a lot of my energy not leaving much for simple things like stairs. I decide to ride the elevator down. As I step out into the hallway I feel eyes on me but when I look around I can't see anyone. My limp is back, perhaps I should have grabbed my cane as well regardless of how much I hate to use it. I finally make it to the sitting room and am grateful that no one was there to witness the slight sheen of sweat that has formed along my hairline before I wiped it away with the sleeve of my shirt. Have I mentioned that I hate looking weak?

I run my hand through my hair as best as I can and grab my purse first. I open it and see that the small makeup compact that I had in there had not only popped open and broken but had somehow also broken my phone. I shook off the powder residue off my phone and into my purse as best as I could, it's not like it wasn't already a mess in there, and I tried turning my phone on. Either the battery was dead or the entire phone was murdered by makeup either way it was useless right now and I set it aside on the coffee table. As I was reaching for my laptop bag I hear Heather walk into the room and shut the door behind her.

"Okay, time to dish! What's going on between you and Nick?" She looked at me with suspicion and excitement. Like she knew the answer but was testing me.