Chapter 19 - Jemma's POV

"Why don't you just open the box and look?" Nick asks as if the answer was so simple and obvious.

Why don't I? Because with the box closed it's just one of the antiques that broke but as soon as I open the box it could be all of them. I sigh "I guess... I'm a bit scared to see how much damage is actually in there."

"Do you want to leave it here?" Nate asks me.

"Yes and No. It's hard to explain. I have so much going on in my head right now that I don't think I can handle any more." I reply knowing this makes me sound weak and pathetic but you have to know your limits. I've had a lot dumped on my plate over the last couple of months and I feel like I'm slowly being crushed under the weight of it all. Except for when I'm with Nick and Nate, then I feel like the weight is shared, like it isn't as heavy. Is this part of the Mate Bond they talk about? I'll have to remember to ask them sometime, but not now.

I watch as Nate walks over and gently lifts the box the tinkling of broken china sounds louder than it actually is. He starts walking towards the hall and I run after him "Where are you taking that?" I demand.

"You're concerned with traveling with it right now so I figured we can move it to a safer location than the hospital wing." He said over his shoulder as he walked down the hall towards the stairs.

"Okaaaay, but where are you taking it?" I ask again getting a bit frustrated.

"To my room." The smile he threw over his shoulder at me had my heart racing and my core clenching.

I pause slightly then had to rush just to catch up to him again. "You have a room here?" I don't know why this thought seemed so odd to me but it did. 

"We both do." Nick said from right beside me. I didn't even hear him following us let alone standing right beside me. Hearing his voice suddenly in my ear caused me to jump and whip my head towards him. He's so close there's just a hair's width between the tips of our noses. He leaned forward slightly so he could rub his nose against mine. "Come on, we'll show you." He took hold of my hand as we started up the stairs slightly behind Nate.

I couldn't help but admire the view, his firm ass being hugged by a pair of jeans that I was slightly jealous of. The way his shirt stretched across his back showing off his well defined physique, how his rolled up sleeves made his arms looks even more massive. Everything about him did something for me and for the first time in years I wanted to feel that connection again but not just with Nate, with Nick as well. The more time I spend with them the more I want to see where this, whatever this is, leads. They seem so sure of me, it's me that's not so sure of me. I look up at Nick and see him staring down at me. "You're staring." I say nudging him with my shoulder as he slightly tightens his grip on my hand.

He leaned down to my ear and whispered, "So were you." I felt my cheeks heat up as he chuckled.

"She's welcome to look and more." Nate said in front of us. He must have heard everything, damn werewolf hearing.

We get to the top floor and turn down a hallway. About halfway down on the left Nate stops and Nick reaches around him to open the door. We all walk in.