Chapter 23 - Nate's POV

After we all officially accepted each other in the tub we were more than happy to seal the deal with another round of mind blowing orgasms. Nick and I still refrained from marking her even though she expressed a desire for it. We knew that she still had concerns and we didn't want her to ever regret taking this step with us.

Once we cleaned up again and got dressed someone started insistently knocking on our door. Nick's low growl was quickly cut off, I turned around and saw Jemma covering his mouth with her hand.

"That's Maddie, if she hears you growling she'll think she's in trouble." Jemma said as she finished pulling her soft pink sweater over her head. "Give me a sec Honey, I'll be right there." She called towards the door.

I looked down and saw that I was only wearing a pair of my boxers. Both Nick and I dove through the doors leading to our respective closets, more like dressing rooms, when we heard Jemma opening the bedroom door. I walked into my closet that was the size of standard bedroom. I looked over all my clothes trying to choose what to wear. Girls weren't the only ones who had trouble with this sometimes. Deciding on my standard outfit of faded blue jeans, black button down with the sleeves rolled up. I finished it off with a pair of comfy shoes and wrist watch. I ran my fingers through my damp hair and called it good.

Just as I opened my door I looked up as Nick was opening his. I just chuckled and shook my head. We'd done it again, put on the exact same outfit.

"I see you're still copying my style little brother." He said as he finished fastening his watch.

"Nope, you're just trying to fit in with the younger crowd." I reply with a smirk.

We both start laughing as we make our way to our room. We stop in our tracks as we see our mate and our daughter having a moment. Maddie was dressed up like one of those movie princesses and was seated at Jemma's vanity. Jemma was standing behind her doing some kind of style in her hair that involved twists and little elastic ties. Maddie was singing You Are My Sunshine and I felt my heart melt into a mushy pile of goo. I look over at Nick and had to do a double take. There were tears in his eyes.

Not wanting to break the moment I decided to link him You okay over there?

He quickly swiped his hand down his face removing any trace of moisture that may have leaked from his eyes. That was the song that Maddie was singing when Mitch found her after the accident. I can't believe how close we got to losing her, losing them.

"Daddy, Papa, Do you like my dress and hair?" Maddie came rushing over to us twirling in a circle to show off to us.

"You truly look like my little Princess now." Nick said as he crouched down in front of her.

"Why'd you have tears?" Maddie asked reaching forward to wipe away a tear that had avoided being swiped away before.

"I'm just so happy that we get to escort the two most beautiful women in the world down to breakfast." He said while standing up and reaching for her hand.

I walked over and put my arm around Jemma's shoulders pulling her into my side where she rested her head against my chest. We both just enjoying watching their interaction. Nick was never the guy kids gravitated to, that was typically me, so it was good to see him be the Daddy that not only Maddie needed but that he needed to be also.