Chapter 9: The harsh way of a soldier II

Y/n POV.
Day 1 of 5 days, joint NATO operation to middle east.

"Welcome to the middle east, boys!" We were greeted by Sergant Bor.
I was appointed as a 10 men squad leader, and along the other team we are being tasked to protect the authoriy building in the nearby town.

"Listen up. You are being tasked to protect the town hall from insurgent attacks. We think, that 20 well trained men are enough. Town has been evacuated and every person, that is not our or NATO nation soldier is considered enemy. Don't get yourself killed. Oh, and corporal L/n, mind you have a word with me?" Bor spoken
"Yes sir." Me and two other corporals replied.
"Good. L/n, see you in 5 minutes, in my office"
"Understood" I replied, before saluting to him and turning around to get to the tents

5 minutes later.

I entwred the sergant's office, before standing on attention before his desk.
"Good thing you are here. At ease. Here, take a seat, corporal. We can talk like friends now."
"Yes, sir" I replied, before taking a seat in front of him.
"Tell me, did privates Zalevny, Szczerzynsky, Kotala and Wosztyl served under your command?"
"Negative, I served with mentioned men under the command of corporal Kylinski."
"But you knew theese guys?"
"Affirmative"
"What were their faits? If the topic is too heavy, you don't have to speak."
I started to think over it for a while, before I started to speak again.
"So, Zalevny was killed in action, during the last mont of civil war, aged 22. Szczerzynsky killed himself two or three months ago during his 23rd birthday. Wosztyl went missing in action and was never found aaand Kotala and Kylinski survived, but I don't have contact with them."
"You seem tense. I understand, this is a hard thing to talk about. I wasn't there, but I had contact with some of the boys families. It was difficult telling them about Zalevny and Wosztyl. Hope, you'll understand."
"Yes sir."
"Good. You are dismissed, Corporal." I saluted and left

Timeskip, Town hall. Narrator:
Day 1, evening, Town hall "fox-1"

 Narrator:Day 1, evening, Town hall "fox-1"

"Bravo 1-3 and 1-4, this is airwatch. Our drones are over you and monitoring the terrain. what's your satus? Over."

"This is bravo 1-3. Bravo 1-4 has arrived on scenery and the defence parameter is being established."

"Copy. You got a group of uhhh... 40 to 50 armed prsonnel, presumably enemy aproaching you from east. Keep you eyes open, airwatch out." Y/n put the phone of the radio down, before turning to another group leader.
"We got enemy aproaching grom the east prepare to engage."

Timeskip, end of the firefight

As the last insurgent retreated the stress of combat lowered, yet the defenders had a huge problem: the communication were off and the reinforcement in form of squad of paratroopers and a section of armoured transport were delayed.
Yet the problems had to be put away
The secong fight started.
After 20 minutes of shooting the enemy fled and comms were regained.

"Fox- 1, Fox- 1, what's your staus? Over."
"We're all good, just survived the 2nd attack. Where are the reinforcements?" Y/n asked the advisor.
"About that, paratrooper squad was deployed but we lost contact with them for 2 hours now, so there is little to no hope for them. And the only two roads have been blocked by insurgence. You are on your own."
"... Understood, how long the delay will last?"
"About one to two days."
"Copy, fox 1 out."

Y/n put the radio down and looked down, before pulling out the picture of him and pandemonica they made together. They looked so happy together.
"Who's this, your girlfriend?" Corporal Bogdyn asked
"Not really. She was a wonderful woman I met. I'm afraid I won't see her again."
"I see. Solitude sucks man. By the way, what about reinforcements?"
I looked at my fellow soldier.
"We are surrounded, two roads are blocked and paratroopers are lost in action. Basically we are swimming in the pool of middle eastern camel shit to our necks for about two days."
"Fuck. What now? Are going to surrender?"
"Only to be decapitated on camera? No thanks. I will think of something to keep them away. We have to try. If this sector will fall, the mission fails."
"Very well."

5 minutes later:

Y/n had his tactics ready for 20 men to defend the post against entire uprising.
"Alright listen up! We are forced to fight here for two more days without support. We are 50/50 on ammo, so everyone fire in semi auto, exept for machine gunners, you will fire in short bursts. We will be changing our place after some shots fired, so they will have the feeling, that more of us are here. Use everything, they taught you on bootcamp and we may make it."

Meanwhile in hell, Pandemonica just finished her work, and out of curiosity decided to turn on TV news channel from Y/n's homeland, only to see the beginning of the special report.

"20 our soldiers led by corporal  Y/n L/n are trapped in the town hall on their mission against terrorism. We have the live footage of the happening, provided by our video reporter, who is at the scene." The lady announced, before giving the voice to the reporter.
"At the momment the situation seems calm, but you can see the stress on soldiers faces. They are about to fight for about 2 days without support. I'm also afraid that- oh my god first shots are fired in our direction. I repeat, shots fired." The journalist took cover as he was rolling the footage of intense firefight. Pan could even hear Y/n's voice, yelling commands and coordinating others.

Timeskip, 2nd day of fighting, morning, Y/n POV:

It was silent by now, the fight seemed to be over, with only one wounded on our side. We still were concious, hidden behind the sandbag walls or inside the town hall. Some of our troops were close to falling asleep. They eves were drooling from exhaustion. We weren't sleeping for 3 days...

Suddenly the armoured vechicle emerged as we took cover.
But the fight was over, I stood in the middle of the road, before turning to my man nad yelling "Stand down, theese are americans. It's over, boys!"
I turn around to see an american soldier aproach me
"sergant Kyle, bravo company, 22nd rangers. We are here to pick you up." The American annouced as my twenten erce out of their covers.
"Any casualties?" Ranger asked me
"Negative, only one is hit by a shrapnel, but we pached him up, he is fine. We must thank you for arrival, we are critically low on ammo and rations."
"Be thankful, that we even arrived. The roads are full of IED's there. Get in to the trucks we will give you a ride to base."