Chapter: I

𝙿𝚎𝚘𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚜𝚎𝚎𝚖 𝚝𝚘 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚣𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝚘𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚕𝚍 𝚒𝚜 𝚊𝚕𝚜𝚘 𝚊 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚏𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚛.

✣ ✣ ✣

I wake from the sudden light on my face. My eyes doing their best adjusting to the bright light and as everything comes into notice I notice a silhouette in the doorway.

They lift a hand and that's when I notice the long sharp-looking object in their hand. I freeze on the spot. My whole body clenched tight in anticipation.

The figure walks toward me with slow, large strides. I'm not able to see their facial features except for the wicked smile plastered on their face. That is definitely hard to miss, even in the shadows they're hiding in. Yet, something about this thing seems familiar but I can't quite point out what.

Finally, the figure steps into the light, and a heavy sense of relief hits me. The look of massive relief and fading fear must have been evident on my face as he falls into a fit of laughter. "You should have seen your face!"

I groan and fall back, throwing my arms over my head. At the same time I also cover the sunlight, which reminds me, didn't I close my blinders before I went to bed?

His laughter is still loud, even though several minutes have gone by. I finally gather the energy to sit back up and face him, putting on the meanest glare I can muster. "For how long were you standing there by my door like some creep?"

He takes a few calming breaths and manages to gather some control, wiping the tears away from his face. "Not for long, I'm not some creep, Sunny. I came in here, like a minute before you woke up. I put up your blinds to wake you up faster."

Yeah, okay, that explains why my blinders were up. I scoff at him. He's always so goddamn dramatic and he definitely stood there like some old creep. "Pft, yeah. Right, sure you're not." I tell him. "What were you even holding in your hand anyway? I could see something, and I swear to you, it looked like a knife."

"A knife?" He breathes before hysterical laughter escapes him. "No! Love, it's your TV remote." Laughter, "I stole it from your room yesterday." Laughter, "My own wasn't working and our TVs are the same." Laughter, "I just came in to give it back to you. But chose a more fun way to do it." He winks at me and tosses the remote at me from the doorway.

God, he is seriously overdramatic.

He chuckles, to which I roll my eyes. "And you seriously couldn't have given it to me like a normal person?" I ask him. I begin to stand up from my bed to get ready for the day.

He gives me his uhm-I-think-not look before answering me. "No, of course, I couldn't. As your brother, it's my duty to be annoying. What's the fun in doing it the normal way, anyway?" Without waiting for an answer he turns around and leaves me alone.

Well, that's one way to wake up and start a day.

I push away the odd morning caused by no one else than my darling brother, Sol. Standing up from my bed I work on getting myself ready. I do my business in the bathroom; brush my dark brown shoulder-length hair, and brush my teeth before walking back out to my room. I pull out a fresh pair of wide-legged black jeans and pair them with a simple white cropped tank top. To finish the outfit I take out my brown leather jacket and a black handbag to store my phone and other necessities. As for shoes I put on my favourite pair of Doc Martens black boots. To feel complete, I open up my jewellery drawer and take out my silver rings and pearl necklace, before putting them on.