Chapter: VI

𝚄𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚍𝚒𝚎. 𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚋𝚞𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚑 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚗 𝚞𝚐𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜.

✣ ✣ ✣

TW: Descriptive violence and blood

He doesn't respond to my question; he simply continues to sit still staring at me before the door to the garage busts open.

I break the eye contact I had with Khai, his mouth was open, about to reply to my question, but it closed quickly as the door opened. My eyes flick over to, the now barged open, door, watching how it bounces off the garage wall. Laughter quickly fills the room and a figure walks through the open door.

But it's the last person I had expected to ever be in this place.

The very last person would want to see here. A person I thought I knew everything about. A person I believed I knew everything about, someone I've known for... Well... forever. A person who was one I truly believed told me everything that happened in his life, except the truly unwanted parts I still won't ever discuss with him.

A smile I've spent hours looking at. Spent minutes to cherish and admire. Spent seconds to force on his smile, applauding childishly when it happened. A smile that's contagious and spread smiles on the people around him. Always bringing a happy aura with him, always managing to lighten the mood at parties or family gatherings.

A face I've met in our bathroom mirror countless times. Made silly faces to each other when we got bored while brushing our teeth. A face I've wanted to punch when he pissed me off or embarrassed me, but always chose not to as his smile always managed to change my mind.

His tall and broad frame walked all the way through the door, carrying a pizza in its box. Laughing at someone behind him, the person behind him spoke loudly in a breathy laugh as he pushed him through the doors. His messy hair swaying with his movements, his eyes trained on the ground as he chuckled. He was about to reply to the man behind him, who I now am able to see is Kyle, but when his brilliant green eyes met my steel blue ones, he halted every movement in his body. Frozen on the spot and his mouth stayed hung open.

"Quid?"

I still stared at him in silence, until I managed to quoke out a low.

"Zack?"

Zack Marino.

Four days ago

I continued lightly chuckling as I left Mia's room. The look on her face when I stood in her doorway was fucking priceless. She's always so easy to scare, but there are certain things I just don't joke with her about. More like, the things he caused her to be scared of. But this little jumpscare is nothing but good for her-

Or at least it's good for me because her facial expressions are fucking hilarious.

But as I remembered what I had to do today, my business face came on. Well, not really but my mind got somewhat focused on the matter at hand. I quickly make my way through the hallway and move into my own room, digging out my phone hidden in my sheets.

I always lose the damn thing.

I dial the number I've called multiple times for the last few months. The annoyingly beeping sounds through the speaker while I change clothes, the phone laying on top of my nightstand.