Chapter: VIII

𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚙𝚎𝚘𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚏𝚞𝚕 𝚒𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚗 𝚒𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏.

✣ ✣ ✣

To say that I've been bored and depressed out of my mind the past few days, would be an understatement. I've been so lost in my own head I'm not even sure what day it is today. How can I? I haven't had the courage to talk with Zack yet. I wanted to clear my mind first but that task seems more difficult than I had ideally thought.

The protein shake Terzo made me that day wasn't as bad as I had expected. It tasted surprisingly good and he continued to stare at me until I caved in and gave him the honest answer he wanted. Even though I tried my best to stay put with my original statement, I was quick to fold at his mercy and praise him for how good it actually was. Something he still hasn't let go off to this day. He truly does live up to his Dipshit nickname.

The food he made me though, was... Let's just say it's definitely something special and questionable. If you asked him about what was in it, he would merely answer. "If I say what it's in, then it would defeat the purpose of calling it my secret special. Wouldn't it?". I do have to give it to him though, it tasted really good. It just looked... questionable, like something you definitely wouldn't pick at a restaurant for how it looked.

So that's what we did that day. Talked, ate, drank whatever was at our reach, and just spent some hours in the kitchen. Everything was great we had some deep conversations. He told me about different stories he's been through, starting off with his time in the Italian military. He wanted to follow in his dads' footsteps only to find out his dad never actually went to the military but had stolen the medals from his own dad and claimed them as his own. He sounds like a fucking dick if you ask me.

So, after that conversation, we wanted to talk about something a tad happier. I started talking about home. My friends, stories about Zack and me a few years back and till now. That also turned a bit moody but I switched the mood back when I started talking about Kleedus.

My sweet baby, I miss so damn much.

"Who's Kleedus? A boyfriend back home?" Terzo grinned at me, softly hitting my shoulder while doing so. I couldn't help but laugh out loud at the assumption. He couldn't have been more wrong.

"Yeah..." I tell him. I had a hard time keeping my laugh at bay because technically I don't have a boyfriend. The relationship I have with Kleedus might seem like one though, except for one important thing. "If you legalize dating your dog, then yes, absolutely he's my boyfriend." This only made him laugh harder. So hard he almost fell off the bar chair by the kitchen island but collected himself right before he managed to do that.

Even though I would have fairly enjoyed watching him tumble off the stool.

"Wait- wait okay, okay. A dog you say?" He asks for confirmation, taking a few deep breaths to gather himself. I hum 'mhm' as a response to which his eyes lightened up at. "I fucking love dogs, what's the kind?" He then asks and I send him a confused look.

"Kind?"

His face turns morphs into confusion too. "Yes, what kind of dog? Is that not how you say it?"

Realization hits me and a small smile forms on my lips. He's cute when he can't find the English word for stuff. It happened a few times while we talked, sometimes he feels embarrassed about it but I don't mind explaining the meaning of the right words for him. It seems as he noticed I don't mind explaining it to him because he's gotten more open with his confusion or lack of words the longer we've spoken.