Chapter: X

𝙸'𝚍 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔 𝚖𝚢 𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚙𝚒𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚒𝚡 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜. 𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚖𝚢 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚋𝚕𝚎𝚖.

✣ ✣ ✣

Unknown perspective

"We have a breach!" One of the tech guys in the room yells, his voice is very loud and clear through the walls, allowing me to hear him as if he was in front of me. Well... I suppose sitting in their ventilation system might also be a help with that given there are a couple of ventilation grilles. I have a row of portable screens lined up in front of me, my fingers moving with smooth and swift motions across the keyboard displayed on one of the screens.

"Code red! I repeat! We have a code RED!" The same man continues to yell in the room and i can't help the grin tugging at my lips, a small chuckle slipping out of me as i take in the irony of that statement.

Code red. It matches my outfit.

Someone who is fully dressed in black and a pair of sunglasses covering their eyes barges into the room. "What the fuck is going on?! Someone fucking tell me why you're yelling code red." His voice bellows through the room and I get the urge to say 'yikes' and gag but I'm saving it when we're face to face.

It's more fun that way.

I pause my fingers on the keyboard and look down at the screen with the security camera in the room, showing me the live feed. "And there you fucking are," I whisper to myself while I focus on the man. "I have been looking everywhere for you, princess." I let my fingers start moving on the keyboard again, collecting anything I noticed has changed about him. Mostly his appearance, which is definitely new. The last time I saw him he certainly wasn't brunette.

So, I quickly update the file I have on him, writing down every swift detail I can. Meanwhile, I also hack into their security system, taking down their firewall planting my algorithm in their system, and gathering every information they have about future meetings or anything else useful for me.

"I- I don't know, sir. All of our systems are locking down. I've never seen hacking like this before... This- this is a whole new form." One of the men behind the screen says out loud, mumbling the last bit in embarrassment.

A huff of air gets pushed out of my mouth. And you call yourself the head of the security systems? You have a degree in computer science- Boi, you're weak.

"I don't give a shit if you haven't seen this fucking hacking before, you fucking dumbass. I want someone to figure the fuck out why they're in the system. Fix it and do it now." He bangs his fist on a nearby table, startling the guys behind the screens. "I want Alpha Team to search the premises. Make them know to be prepared for anything."

Nathan Jeffrey Roberts.

An ugly ass name for an ugly ass person. But I guess the name has to match its owner... Should be expected.

The men behind the screens hurry to try and fix their security problem - the one I've caused them. Ooops. I can see them fiddling around in the system, doing their best to fix and clean their firewall but truly... My algorithm can't be fixed, sorry honeybuns.

The men Nate calls his 'Alpha Team' enter the room and are quick to form a line of soldiers, patiently waiting for their orders to be given.

"We have an intruder somewhere in the house, outside, I don't fucking know. He's somewhere near us and I want him found and I want him delivered straight to me. I will not put up with this." Nates' smooth voice but rough voice carries strongly around the room.