Chapter: VII

𝙷𝚞𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚋𝚎 𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚎. 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚋𝚎 𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚐𝚒𝚘𝚗.

✣ ✣ ✣

TW: Indication of a heavy topic + Panic attack. Be prepared

Mia Marino

He stood still. Frozen to the spot. My own brother stared straight at me, appearing out of nowhere and in a place I thought I'd never see him. What the fuck is he doing here? Is he mixed up with all of this? How many things don't I know about my own brother? What has he been keeping for me, and for how long? I'm overthinking this. Right? There's no way he's been working with Khai, Terzo, and the rest of them.... right...?

Even though my own eyes are clued to Zack, I can feel how Khai, who's sitting in front of me, is staring between the two of us. His head whipped back and forth trying to connect the dots on how we might know each other. I can feel how his expression is full of confusion, most likely not knowing the connection between my brother and me. I can practically feel how Kyle wants to flee and get as far away as possible from this garage, without knowing why. He just looks so out of place the second he saw how Zack reacted.

Words and sentences are spoken in front of me but my brain has stopped functioning. Closing off every sound created within the room, at least until Zack spoke up and snapped me out of it.

"She's the girl you guys saved yesterday, isn't she?" He asked coldly. I've never heard him speak like this, without a single trace of emotion behind it. It's terrifying seeing a person you've known all of your life, appearing like this, basically screaming in your face that everything has been a lie. What am I meant to believe now? Is he someone I can trust?

His eyes are still locked on my own, not daring to look away from me. "Yeah?" Khai answered his question, his tone portraying how confused he is. I don't blame him. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see he's looking between the two of us, bringing his hand up to wipe it down his face in exhaustion. "How do you two know each other?" He then asked, his Italian accent peaking through his English pronunciations.

Zack ignored Khai but continued speaking. "So, Kyle." He said sternly, his eyes still locked on my own when he addressed the man standing behind him. Zack's body is so full of rage that he could be emitting smoke out of his ears. "You're telling me, that the person you talked about five fucking minutes ago, is my own sister?" His voice is full of venom. The way he speaks, so threatening. Venomous. Dangerous.

Khai, who was facing and focusing on Zack, whipped his head in my direction at the mention of me being Zacks sister. Zack couldn't keep his hands still, clenching them into a fist then stretching them out again. All of a sudden he laughed. Hard. Not the contagious laugh he always did at home, the one he always used to lighten up my mood when I got my period or had bad days in general.

No, this one has nothing to do with a humorous laugh. It's dangerous. A laugh I've heard once or twice when he got into arguments with father. Kyle remained quiet and it was clear that he's debating whether he should flee through the door or stay put. The way he's fiddling on his feet, trying his best to stand still even though he's full of anticipation of what will happen within the next few moments.

As quick as Zack started laughing he stopped. His face back to cold and empty. Just like that.

Everything went uphill from there.

Zack moved with the speed of light, being incredibly fast on his feet as he turned around and took quick steps towards Kyle, who was too slow to react to the sudden movement. With the fact he didn't stand a chance at predicting the attack, he doesn't stand a chance to defend himself.