Chapter: IV

𝙽𝚘𝚋𝚘𝚍𝚢 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚜𝚝, 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝.

✣ ✣ ✣

My eyes opened with heavy struggle. My own eyelids felt heavy as if someone has clued my eyelids shut, preventing me from waking up. My body felt sore and ached more and more the more conscious I got, my brain caught up in a slow pace to the recent events of... before I fell unconscious.

I feel weak and confused. My mind is heavy, hazy, and clouded and the fear is striking back at me roughly, like someone stabbing me repeatedly in my chest. As of this moment, I have no idea how I ended up here or where I am. I can feel the way my body ached with each shaky breath I took. Every inhale and exhale felt as if I have swallowed glass. Like someone is trying to cut their way out of my lungs, the pain forcing a hiss out of me as I attempted to lift myself up in the... chains? I can't feel my arms, they're completely numb.

Ignoring the raging pain in my neck when I lifted it, I looked around but was met with nothing but darkness and cold. Darkness and cold. Every memory from earlier, every memory of the pain, every memory of the fear stormed to the front of my mind, bringing along a terrible headache. The additional pain forced my eyes shut and a groan to leave my tender throat. Another thing to be added to the list of pain scorching through me at this moment. All of my screaming from my suffering. Overusing my vocal cords in a straining way is now resulting in a sore throat. Would I even be able to speak? How long have I been down here? Do I even want to know what I look like?

But I know exactly where I am. That damn basement again.

The more of my memory returned, every hit I received... I can almost re-live the exact form of torture and feel every pain return as I thought about what he did to me.

It didn't take long for me to suddenly hear the commotion happening from upstairs. Rough and loud steps running around, people shouting at each other and bangs, no, gunshots. I'm instantly wide awake. Aware of every sound coming from upstairs, hearing the way people kept passing the door to the basement. Running around like scared chickens.

What could this house full of men with multiple guns be scared of?

With someone as psychotic as him on their side?

I strained myself and bit my lip through the pain to lift my upper body, removing the weight from my wrists and shoulders. Sitting back down on the back of my ankles made me feel how much weight truly had been on my arms from the position I had been in, a heavy pain from soreness could be felt and I almost wanted to go back to the old position just to get rid of it. This is truly unbearable. But in order for me to survive, I have to overcome it.

The only way to do this is to fight through it. I have to be strong.

Blood came rushing back to my arms, adding a flow of uncomfortableness but it's nothing compared to the pain already there, if anything, it distracts me from it. I take a high amount of deep breaths before trying to stand up, a good thing my legs aren't restricted, but the attempt quickly fails and I'm back on my knees, falling forwards in the chains. My upper body fell back to adding the weight in my shoulders barely feeling noticeable. I've gotten too used to that pain from staying in the position, for who knows how long. I'm too weak... The pain is too unbearable as of this moment. I've tried my best to ignore it but my continuous attempt at movement is strengthening the pain.