Chapter: V

𝙾𝚗𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝚒𝚗 𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚝, 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚐𝚐𝚕𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚒𝚏𝚞𝚕.

✣ ✣ ✣

I wake up in a calm matter. Did I just have the most terrifying realistic dream ever? Everything feels too fictional for it to have actually happened, but I'm quick to change my mind as I attempt to sit up. Being reminded of how true that everything I've gone through wasn't a dream at all. The soreness aches now more than ever, my body falling back down on the soft cushions I'm placed on.

My eyes look up at the ceiling the four walls of his room hold, I only have the ability to move my eyes around. Every part of my body aches from everything. The slightest movement of my neck. The movement of my upper body is the part of my body that hurts the most. The ceiling I'm focused on is black, out of the corner of my eyes I can see floor-to-ceiling windows on the entire west wall, including the walls themselves to match the black ceiling. Then it hits me.

This isn't my room. Now, where the fuck am I?

The second those thoughts cross my mind I hear a door into the room slowly opening up. I pinch my eyes shut in an attempt to be appearing asleep. Maybe if I can gain the upper hand by getting them close enough to me, hit them, and then- Am I still with them?

The sound of footsteps gets slightly louder as their soft steps are getting closer to where I am. Until the sound stops. This person is now standing right next to me.

I keep my eyes closed but turn my attention to focus on my breathing, doing my best to keep it steady and calm to still appear as though I'm sleeping. Even though my heart is racing as fast as a racehorse that just completed the Belmont Stakes.

The feeling of the bed dipping on my right side almost made my breath hitch, but I keep my cool. There's for sure someone sitting on the bed beside me. The sound of something shuffling takes up the silence in the room, that object echoes around the room. It's water? The sound is nearly identical as if you had a bucket and a cloth, ringing out the watered cloth into the bucket. That's what it sounds like.

My line of thoughts gets interrupted and confirmed when I feel the cold and wet piece of cloth getting moved from side to side softly on my naked collarbones. The actions aren't inappropriate, it doesn't give me an uncomfortable feeling. It's soothing, nice. The cloth continues to drag across my body, trailing further down my body and I feel the duvet getting lifted slightly, giving this person more access to my upper body.

The cloth gets removed from my body and the sound of water moving in a container fills the room. The water again gets squished out of the cloth, before the cloth finds its way back to my body, continuing to clean me. I think this person is cleaning off the blood I'm covered in.

I abruptly shoot up from my laying position in a yelp, the sudden and quick movement hitting me with a line of pain along with the pain from the pressured rub I received on my ribs. My eyes force themselves closed in misery and I can't help the hissing sounds leaving my lips.

"Shit- Sorry Mia, I didn't mean to put pressure on the bruise, but the blood didn't want to get off." I hear an accent-covered voice say on my right side.

I open my eyes, looking in the direction the voice spoke from. I'm met with a pair of lighter blue that perfectly mixes with the green ring around the edge of his pupil. Now that his face is on display in broad daylight, I have the chance of getting a better look at the man who saved me from them.

Because that's what happened. I got saved.

Given how exhausted I was yesterday and the terrible lighting I never fully registered the faces of the people who came and helped me out of that basement. Helping me put a distance between him and Creed. Even though one is much worse than the other, it's still appreciated.