Chapter: XI

𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚏𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚏𝚊𝚒𝚕𝚞𝚛𝚎. 𝙵𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚋𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚡𝚊𝚌𝚝 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚊𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚍𝚊𝚢.

✣ ✣ ✣

Mia

I'm standing in the basement garage with my hands covered in dirt, oil, and grease from the car I'm working on. It's a Mercedes-AMT GT S which supposedly has an engine failure.

Given I have absolutely nothing to do around here and I'm not allowed to leave the house, for whatever dumb reasons I'm not bothered to argue about, I need to do something. I feel restless sitting around on my ass all day doing nothing. So, I took Klee with me down to the garage after having overheard one of Khai's men complain about how his car wasn't functioning properly, he suspected there was a problem with the engine or gearbox but he felt too scared to talk with Khai about the problem and ask him if he could get it fixed, so he remained quiet about it and hid the car in the far corner of the garage instead.

I suppose it's good for him I can fix cars and conveniently had nothing to do.

Turns out there was a problem with the engine, well, more specifically with the oil pump. It's an extremely serious problem for the lifespan of the engine of a car. If the oil pump fails it will, in most cases if not all, starve the engine of necessary lubrication. Therefore it's a must to ensure that the oil for the engine is the right viscosity, making it light enough to flow fast through the oil pumps.

And this car did not have good oil. It was thick and disgusting instead of light and it caused the pump to break down from overwork. It's a common problem, unfortunately, and it's annoying as fuck to fix - not to mention messy as hell.

Apparently, Zack is allowed to leave this house, meaning he can go back home. He was nice enough to bring me back a ton of clothes so I felt more comfortable around here, which I am truly grateful for, but I do wish I could leave on my own. I want to communicate with the outside world. It gets surprisingly lonely in this house even if it's constantly full of people. But they're not my friends. They're not people I can talk with about random stuff or the things we have in common. I just want to talk with my friends and I know they're worried sick not to mention my father-

Well, he's not even home these days. Zack has gone back home a handful of times the past few days and he has never met our father while he was there. From what he told me, it doesn't even seem like he's home at all. The house is empty apart from the housekeepers that take care of the house daily.

Thank god Klee is here with me, otherwise, he would've been left abandoned at the house alone.

Before I brought Klee with me down to the garage I might have gone into Khai's room and stolen a shoe from the back of his closet. I don't have a chewing bone to give Klee so I need to get creative to keep him occupied. I know for a fact that Khai can afford to buy a new pair of shoes and it's not like I went and dug out his most expensive pair. All he wears are his black dress shoes anyway and I took an old pair of running shoes that were in the back of his closet. He can't get mad about that, right?

Well, he shouldn't.

Klee seemed happy about it. The second I opened the garage door I gave him the shoe which he gladly took before he followed me down the stairs. It didn't take me long to find the keys to the grey Mercedes-AMT GT S before I drove it to the middle of the floor where there's a car lift. While I was doing that I noticed Klee walking around the garage with the shoe in his mouth before he settled not too far from me on the floor. Keeping close to being protective but a good distance for him to be himself too while chewing on the shoe.