Morality is a Tricky Little Shit

INT. FEZCO'S APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM - LATER

Fezco turns on the lights, careful not to make much noise.

INT./EXT. NATE'S TRUCK - SAME TIME

Rue and Nate struggle to secure Aaron's unconscious body in the back seat of the truck.

INT. FEZCO'S APARTMENT - HALLWAY - MOMENTS LATER

Fezco walks down the hall towards the room where his grandma stays.

INT./EXT. NATE'S TRUCK - CONTINUOUS

Rue throws her bike in the back of Nate's truck and eyes the passenger seat hesitantly.

INT. FEZCO'S APARTMENT - GRANDMA'S ROOM - MOMENTS LATER

Fezco silently enters the room and watches his grandma sleep peacefully. He places his hands on her head and closes his eyes. The moment mirrors him praying for her in the hospital in the intro. After a beat he opens his eyes and locks onto a family portrait on her dresser. He zeroes in on his father's face in the photo.

INT. FEZCO'S APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM - CONTINUOUS

Fezco plops onto his couch - where he sleeps because his grandma occupies the bed in the house. He pulls out his phone and texts. 

To Ashtray: AIGHT, LET'S MAKE SOME REAL $.

Ashtray responds: LIT (FIRE EMOJI), I'LL HIT UP (MOUSE EMOJI).

Fezco puts his hand over his face, breathing deep. Then he dials a number.

INT. CHURCH - PASTOR'S OFFICE - CONTINUOUS

CU on Fezco's Father, looking as exhausted as his offspring, picks up the phone.

INT. FEZCO'S APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM - CONTINUOUS

    FEZCO

Gimme two days and I got you.

INT. CHURCH - PASTOR'S OFFICE - CONTINUOUS

    FEZCO'S FATHER

God bless you, son. (beat) I--

The dial beeps as Fezco has ended the call.

We cut and see an upside down cross hanging on a wall. As the camera tracks back and rotates we realize that the camera was upside down, and the cross was hanging behind Fezco's Father's desk where he was taking the call.

As the camera rotates back to upright, he gets up and takes the cross off the wall and leans it on the floor in front of his desk upside down. We continue to dolly back and see that the office is empty and that Fezco's Father is packing up the last of his belongings into a box.

INT. FEZCO'S APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM - CONTINUOUS

Fezco stares at the phone screen before he hangs up and falls back onto the couch, exhausted.