Not Much Time for Patience

EXT. KAT'S HOUSE - SAME TIME

Kat and Ethan stand outside of Kat's house. Ethan is trying to find a way to put words to his emotions.

    RUE (V.O.)

And the motherfucker of it all is that our experiences are subjective.

   KAT 

Tonight was really...

    ETHAN

Tonight was so...

They both take a beat, trying to let the other go first. 

But it doesn't work:

  KAT

Perfect.

   ETHAN

Weird.

Kat is confused, hurt even. Ethan takes her hands.

   ETHAN

It was special and perfect, yes, when it was just me and you.

Kat's eyes are welling up.

   ETHAN

But then you didn't even introduce me to your friends. And you made me feel...(beat) Like you were embarrassed of me.

Ethan kisses Kat on the cheek and turns to leave. Tears are streaming down her face as Ethan walks away.

   KAT

Ethan, please wait.

    RUE (V.O.)

They say that honesty is the best policy.

   KAT

I didn't know how to tell you this. And I still don't know...I just know that I need to tell you that I've been making money online...like...well...I'm a sex worker!

The camera tracks fast and away from Kat's face as she breaks down completely and flips to reverse on a confused Ethan.

    RUE (V.O.)

But like, it's hard to know when the truth is gonna do more damage than good.

INT./EXT. NATE'S TRUCK - CONTINUOUS

Nate and Rue pull up outside of Fez's house. Rue unbuckles her seatbelt and starts to get out.

   NATE

Rue, there's something you should know.

   RUE

Uh, can't it wait - we've got a bit of a pressing situation in the back seat.

   NATE

I'm the reason Fez went to jail.

Rue, who is now in the back struggling with Aaron's unconscious body, stops abruptly. Almost dropping him.

   RUE

Fuck.

EXT. FEZCO'S HOUSE - CONTINUOUS

We crane up, looking down on Rue who is looking up at the sky. We cut to a CU on Rue, holding one of Aaron's arms, still looking up.

   RUE (V.O.)

That's when believing in God could come in handy.

   NATE (O.C.)

Rue, come on let's go!

Rue, still looking at the sky, is pushed out of the way as Nate moves into the car to unbuckle his brother - in slow-motion.

   RUE (V.O.)

Yeah, some reassurance could be real damn helpful right about now.

  NATE

Rue!

Nate has Aaron over his shoulder, fireman carry style, and pleads as Rue remains frozen.

   RUE (V.O.)

Guess that's why patience is a thing in the Bible.

Rue grounds herself back in reality and follows after Nate.

   RUE

I'm coming!

INT. FEZCO'S APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM - MOMENTS LATER

We look at the front door, and hear a loud knock. The opening beats to "Forgive Me" by Chloe x Halle begin.

  RUE (V.O.)

But like I said, life or death. Not much time for patience.

Fezco opens the door to reveal Nate, Rue and the passed out Aaron. Rue smiles awkwardly at Fezco.

   RUE

Sill got that Narcan?

We reverse onto an exhausted, sleep deprived Fezco.

   FEZCO

Shit.

As the bass drops on the song, we CUT TO BLACK. 

TITLE CARD: EUPHORIA.