Illegal Operations

Mario, Luigi and I were standing in the middle of the park, watching a massive burning pile of anime merchandise. A solider walked up and threw more into the pile, stating that he had saved the world and then walked off.

"Wow, you really did it this time, Mario," Luigi said.

"Meh, anime was dumb anyway. Besides, this was Y/N's fault," Mario argued.

I looked at the ground in guilt. This all began a few days ago, when I had killed that giant Heartless. While everyone else had seemed to be okay with my intervention, princess Peach wasn't. She saw me helping out as a disturbance of piece, saying that it would have been fine if I had never showed up here in the first place. "Ever since you came here, everything has been going wrong," was what she had said to me.

She saw the Keyblade as a form of anime, so she saw it fit to ban anime from the Mushroom Kingdom, forever. If I so much as bring out the Keyblade, I'll be arrested on the spot, those were her terms.

Boopkins watched the anime burn. "No, you don't understand, anime is my life".

"Hey!"

We turned and saw one of Boopkins friends, Lemmy, leaning on a post and looking around. "You looking for some that 'sweetness', you know what I'm saying?"

"Yes!" Boopkins practically screamed.

"Follow me," Lemmy said.

The streets were deserted, but Lemmy was still looking as if he was going to be attacked at any moment. We turned down a back alley and walked to the end. Hiding in the shadows was Bob, who looked equally as restless. "Dude, where have you been. We got to smuggle this stuff soon or the boss will be really mad".

"Wait, you guys are smuggling anime!?" Luigi cried.

Lemmy reached into a nearby crate and pulled out an explicitly designed drawing on a pillow. I immediately looked away. Boopkins, on the other hand, wouldn't take his eyes off it.

Suddenly, sirens began blaring behind us. Right as we turned, a massive armoured van drove straight into the alley. On the side, the letters A.S.S, or Anime Secret Service, were written on the side. Three people jumped out of the back and ran towards us. Two were dressed in heavy military gear, while the third was SMG4.

"Alright, hands up! The A.S.S is here!"

Mario proceeded to start laughing, then was quickly shut up by SMG4. "You're all under arrest".

"SMG4!? We swear we didn't know anything about this!" Luigi begged.

"I can't believe it. My own friends," SMG4 said. That was when Bob snatched a handful of anime and booked it. SMG4 and the other two soldiers ran after him.

Lemmy watched them leave and sighed. "Well, now I need a new accomplice". He turned and looked at each of us. "Say, you guys want to help us? There's unlimited anime waiting for you if you succeed".

"Unlimited anime!?"

"Think of how much money Mario could make by selling it to weebs," Mario said distantly.

"No, we are loyal citizens of the law! This is illegal!" Luigi shouted.

I put my hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry, they're probably just joking. Anyway, just in case, let's talk to them". I turned around and my shoulders slumped. "...And they're gone".

Luigi looked as well and saw that the van was gone, the crates and Boopkins and Mario. Luigi and I glanced at each other with blank faces. If things go like I think it will, we are screwed.

0O0

Luigi and I decided to split up and look for them. I walked through the empty and dark streets. I sighed in annoyance. I was supposed to be training with Meggy today, the next splatfest was coming up and she wanted my help more than ever now, but here I was, looking for a fish and a crazy fat Italian.