The Mushroom Kingdom

It was the middle of the day in the city of the Mushroom Kingdom. People were bustling all across the streets, going about their daily lives. There was the usual chatter, people pushing their way past one another to get to somewhere quickly and the meeting of friends.

On the hillside at the edge of the city, the castle of Princess stood, its red and white flags adorned brightly as the waved in the wind. Inside the castle, a group of friends were in the main room.

They were meant to be hanging out and having fun like they usually did, but today was particularly boring. There was nothing to do and the continues annoyance of a certain man in a red hat and blue overalls was not helping at all.

A man in a blue hat and white overalls finally lost his temper and shouted at his friend to be quiet. "Mario! We all bored, okay? Just quiet down while I think!" He put his hand on his forehead and tried to think about what to do. "There has to be something we can do". He looked around at the rest of his friends, who were all silent and seemed to be lost in thought.

"He's right, today is boring as hell," Bob said.

"Not even my splatfest friends are free today, I was hoping to get some training in today," Meggy added.

"I can't wait, SMG4!" Mario cried. "We're out of spaghetti and Luigi isn't back with more yet!" Mario got up and ran out of the room out the front door of the castle.

"Oh man, I should probably make sure he doesn't get him or someone else hurt," SMG4 sighed and stood up, stretching his limbs and following the red man. When he walked out the doors, Mario was standing there, completely frozen. "Hey, Mario, get back inside!" Mario didn't answer, he just kept his eyes on the spot where he was looking. "Huh? What are you looking at?" SMG4 followed his gaze into the sky and gasped.

A bright blue light was coming straight towards them. It seemed to be some kind of meteorite or something. Either way, it looked dangerous. "Guys! Come here, quick!" SMG4 called back into the castle. It didn't take long for everyone else to join him and spot the falling object. The projectile suddenly grew in shape as it began to close in extremely fast. Just as it looked like they were going to be hit by it, the flaming object hit the lake near the castle, sending a huge splash of water into the sky and sprinkling them.

Everyone shared a glance of shock and ran over to the lake. They stopped at the shore and gasped when the object took shape and drifted onto the shore by their feet. "It's...a person?" SMG4 asked.

Everyone else saw it two, a boy, who couldn't be any older than a teenager was unconscious in the water. He had H/L, H/C hair and F/C shirt. What made the situation even weirder was what was clutched in the boys D/H hand, an oversized yellow key. "What the hell is that?" Bob asked, pointing to the key.

"I don't know, its some kind of key?" SMG4 said as he gently pried the key from the boys fingers and held it by the handle. Barely a second had passed before the key suddenly dissolved into light and vanished. "Woah! That's no ordinary key!"

"So, what do with him?" Meggy asked, tapping the boy on the shoulder with her foot.

"Let's rob him," Mario said, his eyes crossing.

"What? No!" SMG4 said. "Let's take him back to the castle and wait until he wakes up, then we can ask him why he was falling from sky. Sound good, everyone?" They all nodded in agreement. SMG4 and Mario picked up the still unconscious boy and carried him back into the castle, while everyone else followed them.

0O0

Y/N's eyes snapped open and he jerked up in his bed. His eyes darted around the room and grew even more panicked when he realised he wasn't in a room he recognised. He jumped out of the bed and ran to the nearby window. He gasped when he saw blue sky and a shining sun, high above. Nothing like the permanent sunset of Twilight Town. "Where am I?" He whispered.