Chapter Two// Rotting Alleyways

Tommy, Tubbo, and Y/n had left early in the morning, they made sure there weren't any Zombies lurking around near the library.

After a couple of hours of traveling, Y/n decided to explore one of the alleyways near a destroyed building. She knew very well that Zombies liked to hide in the shady areas, but she thought she had heard someone call her name.

Tubbo grabbed her sleeve as she took a step towards the dark passageway. "What the hell are you doing? He asked her.

"I heard someone call my name, it could be my parents..." She started to explain but then she saw the glowing eyes and heard a growling noise coming from the alleyway.

"Never mind." She said and continued walking.

Tubbo jogged to catch up and said, "wait, your parents? What happened to them?"

Y/n drew in a breath, "they disappeared shortly after the apocalypse started, I tried searching for them but I gave up after a while." She explained.

Tubbo looked at her and smiled kindly at her, "don't worry, while we look for Ranboo we can look for your parents."

Y/n looked at him in surprise, "thank you. I appreciate the help." She said and returned the smile.

Tubbo was about to say something else but Tommy cut him off, "oi fuckers, we're nearly at the first checkpoint!" He yelled.

Tubbo and Y/n ran up to him and looked at the map he was holding, he was right, they were almost at the first checkpoint.

"We'll be there in about an hour or so, but we do have to take a cut through here." He said and pointed at a maze of alleyways.

Y/n took the map from him and looked at it carefully, "why can't we go through here?" She said and pointed at a road that was much clearer.

Tommy shook his head, "it's infested with overgrown plants and sinkholes, it would take us days to get to the first checkpoint if we go through there." Tommy explained as Y/n handed him the map.

"And we've traveled through the alleyways before, we know the shortest and less zombie-infested pathways," Tubbo added.

Y/n nodded hesitantly, the last thing she wanted was to walk through a dark maze where the undead could be hiding in any corner.

She sighed and said, "alright, but we have to be careful."

Tommy and Tubbo nodded and they all continued to follow the path.

Time Skip

After an hour of walking, they had finally reached the alleyway maze.

Tubbo sighed and said, "alright, here goes nothing." He grabbed a torch from his backpack and lit it.

He took a step forwards, but Y/n stopped him, "Could we test to see if there are any Zombies in there? I mean I don't hear any but those fuckers can be quiet." She explained.

Tubbo nodded and handed her the torch, "you can use your bow to launch the torch, hopefully, it'll scare away any Zombies hiding in there." He suggested and Y/n took the torch from his hands.

She loaded it onto her bow and let go. As the torch flew it illuminated the dark passageway, it revealed a few zombies standing a couple of steps away, they let out a screech and ran towards the trio.

They were only a few steps away from attacking Tommy, but as soon as the horrid creatures reached the sunlight they melted and disintegrated into the ground.

Tubbo went over to check on Tommy, he wasn't hurt but he looked frightened.

"That was close. good thing we checked, or that would've ended badly." Y/n said and patted Tommy's shoulder.