Chapter three// Eyes in the Dark

The four teenagers had reached the first checkpoint after safely getting out of the alleyway.

It was a small building with fencing around it, they checked every corner of the building before going inside.

Y/n gasped, "Wait! This is the small coffee shop my friends and I used to go to!" She said and ran over to one of the tables.

She looked under the table and smiled when she saw a small note taped onto it.

Tubbo, Tommy, and Ranboo all exchanged a confused glance at each other. "What are you doing?" Ranboo asked her.

Y/n got up from under the table and held the paper in her hand, "my friends and I used to tape notes for each other under this table, the last time I did this was a couple of weeks before the apocalypse started so I'm guessing this paper is theirs." She explained and opened the small sheet of paper.

As she read, she let out a relieved sigh.
_____________
Dear Y/n, Me and Aidan are safe in a bunker, the coordinates are at the bottom of the paper. Luv you! Please stay safe.

-Your best friends, Kaeli and Aidan <3
_____________

She felt a tear roll down her cheek, "They're safe!" She said and the trio sat down next to her.

"Who's safe?" Tommy asked and Tubbo facepalmed, "her friends dumbass, were you not listening?" Tubbo explained.

"To be fair, no I wasn't." Tommy retorted.

Ranboo looked at the piece of paper and pointed at the coordinate at the bottom, "where do these lead?" He asked.

"To a bunker! We'll be safe." She said and smiled again to herself.

"Woah that's awesome! Wait, Tommy get out the map!" Tubbo said and started to shake Tommy's shoulder.

"Oi, chill out! I'm getting it, geez!" He said and pulled out the map.

Tubbo handed it to Y/n and they all started to follow the coordinates, "here, it's not far off from the park that we were heading to." Y/n commented and pointed to a little mountain area.

"So we can continue to travel tomorrow in the way that we were headed," Tommy said and Y/n nodded.

Ranboo stood up and yawned, "well, right now I want to sleep. And these seats look way more comfortable than the dirty alleyway floors." He said and proceeded to flop down onto one of the booths.

Y/n laughed and stuffed the letter back into her backpack, "Ranboo's right, we should sleep." She said and used her bag as a pillow.

The four of them made themselves comfortable on the seats, Tommy decided to keep first watch.

Two hours had passed before Y/n felt something shake her shoulders.

She hummed and her eyes fluttered open, she saw Ranboo looking at the door with a worried expression on his face.

"What is it?" She asked quietly and he looked down at her, he put his pointer finger on his lips in a shushing motion and pointed at the door with his other hand.

Y/n sat up and looked at the door, two bright eyes stared in the direction of the teenagers.

Y/n immediately grabbed her bag and took out a small knife, she stood up and walked over to the door slowly.

The eyes snapped their attention towards her and as she got closer they disappeared into thin air.

"What the fuck..." She whispered and checked the door to make sure it was locked.