Chapter Four// Hoard of Fears

The teenagers started to run.

They didn't look back, they didn't need to look back they could hear the growling and screeching of the zombies behind them.

"SEPARATE, IT'LL BE HARDER FOR THEM TO FOLLOW!" Tommy yelled.

They each broke into two, Y/n grabbed Ranboo's hand and they ran towards a random building.

Y/n got inside and Ranboo held the door, "UH- A little help?!" He said and Y/n ran over to him they each held the door as the zombies pushed against it.

"Can you hold it for a little longer? I can see a desk we can use to block the door!" Y/n said and Ranboo nodded.

Y/n ran over to the desk and pushed it over to the door.

Y/n and Ranboo stepped out of the way, the desk was holding on to the door pretty well but Y/n wasn't going to take any chances.

She looked around the building and found a few chairs and smaller desks.

"Let's stack more stuff against the door, it should hold them off for a while." She said and Ranboo nodded.

They both started to push more desks and chairs against the door, the undead outside were still pushing the door trying to reach the duo.

They finished stacking the things on the door and Y/n proceeded to flop on the ground.

Ranboo sat beside her, his breath was heavy and his face was still smothered in fear.

"Are you okay?" Y/n asked.

"Ignoring the fact that we almost got eaten by zombies, I'm doing pretty good, how about you?" He said jokingly.

Y/n laughed. After she calmed down she said, "I'm doing pretty good as well, I am worried about Tubbo and Tommy though."

"I hope they're okay.." Ranboo agreed quietly.

Y/n nodded and got up, "I think we should look around, I wouldn't want to find another hoard of zombies in here." She said.

Ranboo got up and went Infront of her. He looked back in surprise at his gesture, "oof.. sorry I didn't mean-" he started to apologize but Y/n cut him off. "It's alright Mr. Boo," She said and smiled.

They started to walk before Y/n had a sudden thought, wait it's daylight how did those zombies survive?

She stopped walking and Ranboo looked back, "you good?" He asked.

"No, I'm not good, those zombies... They didn't burn in the sunlight." She said and Ranboo looked back at the door.

"Could they be? I dunno, like a more resistant kind of zombie?" Ranboo suggested.

"I sure hope not. That'll just cause more trouble for us." Y/n said and they continued to walk.

They climbed stairs, turned around corners, and walked down hallways. The building looked safe enough for them to stay.

"Let's go upstairs, it's safer up there and zombies can't climb." Y/n said and Ranboo nodded.

They settled down between a few desks in a small office room.

Y/n locked the door and sat down on one of the chairs. "I'm starving, do we have any food?" She asked.

Ranboo grabbed his backpack and checked, he shook his head, "no sorry, Tubbo and Tommy were the ones with food."

Y/n sighed and leaned back in her chair.

Ranboo leaned against the wall and slid down, he grabbed his knees and put his head down.

Y/n looked at him, "are you okay?" She asked him and his head popped up again.

"I'm really worried about Tubbo and Tommy." He said quietly and Y/n got up.

She sat down beside him and patted his head. "We'll look for them, I promise, and I'm sure they're alright. Tommy and Tubbo are a tough duo." Y/n comforted and Ranboo relaxed a little.

"How can you make everything feel fine when it's not. We're in a zombie apocalypse for god's sake." Ranboo said.

Y/n stared at him for a hot minute before he looked at her and said, "Oh! I didn't mean to say that out loud, s-sorry.." his cheeks turned a pink color and he hid his face in his knees again.

"I guess I'm magical," Y/n said and smiled at him.

"I guess you are," Ranboo replied quietly and he fell asleep shortly after.

Y/n stared at the boy for a while. A sudden thought came to her head, Ranboo does make me feel better too, there's something about him.. her thoughts trailed off as she felt her eyes getting heavy.

She yawned and laid her head on Ranboo's shoulder, "goodnight Mr. Boo." She said quietly and fell into a deep sleep.

_____________
Word Count: 827

A/N: sorry for the short chapter, and the long wait! Had some technical difficulties, but I hope you guys enjoyed it.

I already have chapter five started so next time it won't be so long :D

Eat and drink, also sleep! Sleep is awesome :]