{3. Royally Screwed}

My face grew as red as a tomato. I took a deep breath and tried to get my heart beat back to normal. I felt Issac lean down till his lips were right next to my ear. "Like I said it'll piss them off," he whispered. My breath became immediately shaky. I blinked my eyes a couple of times. My face went redder then it was a minute ago and I stared at the floor. "Stop telling him lies," Tyler spoke from the table as he got up and walked to where Issac and I stood.

He pulled Issac's hands off my waist and snatched me away from him. "Him wearing your hoodie doesn't piss me off..." he started as he pulled me closer to him. "It's you putting your greedy hands on him," he gave Issac a glare and the turned and walked to the table holding my wrist. I sat quietly and prayed that this place wouldn't be so bad.

After dinner was done Tyler started collecting the dirty dishes. "Here let me help," I said grabbing up some of the dishes. "Oh it's fine I can do it," He told me trying to grab the plates out of my hands. I stepped out of his reach and shook my head. "I can do it I swear," I gave him a pleading look and his argument went out the window. "Fine," he finally agreed. He walked out of dining hall and I followed him. Once we reached the kitchen he placed the dishes in one sink. "Do you want my help washing the dishes?" I asked. He looked at me as though I had just told him the world was ending. "Wait really?" He asked. "Yeah I mean I have nothing better to do." I mumbled.

I saw as he looked down at the floor with a smile. "What?" I asked upon seeing his reaction. "It's a surprise really that your the guest and yet unlike my brothers you offered a helping hand with something so easy." He laughed, it was a genuine laugh that sent butterflies to my stomach. This new feeling had me staring at the floor and fiddling with the bottom of the hoodie I wore. I couldn't put my finger on what I was feeling and it was so odd how I only felt it from certain things the brothers did. "Anyways I'll gladly let you help," he said finally decided on whether I could help or not. "Wash or dry?" He asked as I looked up at him. "Uh dry I guess." I picked up the dry cloth and looked at the rack that the clean dishes would be on. We started doing the dishes and soon enough Tyler was done with the washing part. I had struggled a little because I wasn't as fast as he was but I still managed to get half of the dishes dry well he washed. "Here let me," he said once he noticed that I couldn't reach something, for once, I thanked him and finished drying up the last bit of dishes.

"Thanks again." I whispered. "Listen it's nothing you just couldn't reach is all," he tried to brush it off. "It's not that, uh thanks I guess for 'saving' me from your brother," I looked him in the eyes. He looked confused as if what he did wasn't something people normally did, because it wasn't. If someone was held like that against their will no one would blink twice at them, but inside this house I for once felt safe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Third person pov:

Tyler stood there not knowing what to say. First off this strange human comes into his life with a dagger no less, yet when he does a simple act of freeing him from Issac's grasp he acts like it's something a normal human wouldn't do. Those pale blue eyes looked full of warmth and the one feeling Ty hadn't seen of felt in forever. Safety. He blinked. "I just did what anyone else would've," he tried to cover up.

The small human stared at him, the emotions in his eyes changing, from safe and warm to dark and cold. He looked away. "If that happened on the street no one would care," he whispered. "Everyone would just keep walking and would give two shits what's happening to the person." His tone was dark and he looked as if he had been there before. "They would use some dumb excuse and act like someone wasn't get the shit beat out of them or that a person was getting sexually assaulted." His whispers would've been hard for a human to hear but Tyler heard it all. He took two quick strides and wrapped his arms around the human. He looked up at him in shock. "Are you okay?" The question was the last thing that kept the tears from falling yet now the boy cried on Ty's shoulder. His sobs made Ty's heart hurt, it hurt to know that something like that could've happened to Ray and yet Ty still kept his human in a hug.

It took everything in him not to go out and kill whoever made the world this way, but in the end he knew it wouldn't help Ray. He felt like he knew everything about the outside world yet now he had to change his mind on that because of one human. This human wasn't any human, to Tyler this was the human and for a person that special he and his brothers would end the world.

They stood there like that for a good hour or so as the fragile creature cried into the shirt Tyler wore. Every sob tore at his heart and every sniffle made him want to keep this human safe from the outside world. Without thinking Tyler moved back and cupped Ray's face in his hands. He shushed the boy and wiped the hot tears away. "Listen no one can hurt you now your safe here," he whispered trying his best to calm the crying human. Nothing worked as he just continued to cry and sob. The demon in Tyler bagged to be let free but Tyler kept his composure. After what felt like another hour Ray stopped crying and looked at Ty. Ty could tell he wanted sleep and without thinking he picked up the small human and carried him to his room. He was holding him bridal style as he walked up the stairs. By the time they reached Ray's room he was already asleep.

Tyler placed him softly on the bed and went to leave. He felt a small tug at his wrist and when he turned around he could've sworn he heard Ray tell him to stay.