{9. Home}

Rays pov:

I ran down the stairs and to the hole I made in the fence. After I got out past the fence I broke out into a running sprint. They path home would've been a long one but that didn't matter to me. I kept running trying my best to reach the alleyway I used to hide out in. The night sky held thousands of stars in it. I ran like my life depended on it, because I felt it did.

I turned the corner and ran down the alleyway. My lungs burned and I struggled with catching my breath. I searched for the bag I kept in this alley. The minute I found it I changed into the outfit that I had in the bag. I put my stuff in the bag and slung it over my shoulder. Then I walked out of the alley looking somewhat normal. I walked down a couple streets before turning and walking into my neighbourhood.

I walked down into the dimly lit street and looked for the house I lived in. I spotted it and rushed to the door. I never kept my keys on me but I kept them in my bag. I never wanted people I worked with to know where I lived so I did all I could to ensure my safety. I grabbed my keys out of one of the pockets and unlocked the door.

As I walked inside I noticed that the place looked a mess and everything for once was quiet. I sigh as I put the keys on a coat hanger and close the door behind me. After the door was locked I walked out to the kitchen. "Your home late." Asriel said as he walked over to me. "Long shift," I whispered as I put a sandwich together. "Lizzy's asleep upstairs," he mumbled before heading to the living room. "Asriel thank you for watching her," I said before I headed upstairs. "Any time."

Asriel and I had been best friends since we were kids and we both knew how hard this world could be, yet we both told Lizzy that it was an amazing world where nothing bad could happen. The two of us had found Lizzy when she was a two year old and raised her ever since. The three of us were like a family, we all were abandoned at a young age and we all cared for one another.

I looked into the room that we had given Lizzy and smiled. She laid there covered deep into her blanket and with the plushy Asriel made in her hands. I walked to my room and sighed. This place was the one place I would ever call home. I wanted to get a bigger house that was why I was saving up yet I never did finish the job that would've gave me what I needed.

I flopped down onto my bed as many thoughts danced through my head. Sure the room I had at the Riverwood house was nice but I didn't make me feel safe and happy like my room did. The only time I would ever dare to go into that room again would be if I was dying, I made that promise to myself when I left out the front door.

I stared at my roof. "Why didn't I just say no to the offer?" I asked out loud. "Ray?" Lizzy's sweet voice came from my door. "Hey Liz what's wrong?" I sat up full of worry and concern. "I had a nightmare." She cried as she ran into my arms. I held her close. "I get those too but it was all just a dream, okay?" I spoke to her in a soothing tone. "Yeah I know but it was horrible!" I let her go and looked her in the eyes. "Wanna tell me about it?" I asked. She nodded her head in reply.

"I was coming downstairs to tell you and Asriel something," she started "Asriel was laid on the floor in a ball and there were two men checking him to see if he was okay. They had said he was out cold and that's when I saw that two other men were next to you. One was holding you still well the other looked over at me. You had told me to run and so I did, but I wasn't fast enough! I'm sorry I wasn't fast enough!" Her baby blue eyes held tears that streamed down her face and stained her cheeks. "It's okay. It was all a dream." I reassured her. "But but." She was starting to stutter her words.

"How about we go downstairs and I get you a tea, that sound good?" I asked her. She smiled and nodded. We walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. "I told Asriel to keep this place clean," she said with a whine. "Hey Liz nice to see your awake." Asriel walked into the room and took and seat on the counter. "You want tea to?" I ask as I get everything ready for the tea.

"Sure why not," he said as he put a lollipop in his mouth. "I want sweets to!" Lizzy called from her spot at the counter. "No Lizzy your not allowed because you won't sleep if you have sugar." I told her as I made the tea. "Your no fun!" She whined, a bad habit that only happened when she was tired. "Tea's done." I handed them each a cup of the hot drink.

Within a matter of minutes the two of them were out cold. I carried Lizzy up to her room and dragged Asriel to his. Once they were both in bed I went to my room and laid down. Soon darkness overtook me and I was out cold.

A/n: sorry for the late update and short chapter I have a lot going on irl