{8. Answers}

Third person pov:

"W-what's a m-m-mate?" Ray asked his voice shaking.

"Nothing, it was just something your mind made up, but the dream is over so it's okay." Ash whispered as he held the small human in his arms. He looked at his brothers with confusion in his eyes. They only knew that word from stories they were told as kids. It was supposed to be fiction not anything else. Yet somehow Ray had managed to bring up the word.

"I think it's time we get some sleep."Tyler said as he turned to leave. "Not until I get my answers," Ray said as he held the dagger close to Ash's neck. "How the hell. I swear I took your dagger!" Issac said. "It was a distraction. Besides I've played submissive and gave you all a chance to bring up why I'm still here yet after two whole days nothing, so now I'm demanding answers." Rays tone was dark and filled with hate. "We can talk this out!" Toby said taking a step towards the human and his brother. "Shut the fuck up and stay the hell back!" Ray yelled.

He was ready to kill the man that he was holding for answers, after all he'd get a part of his job done. "Ray let him go," Tyler groaned as he turned around. "Not until you tell me why the fuck didn't you kill me!" He screamed. Tyler sighed as he walked over to Ray and Ash. "Let him go he's innocent on this one," he said softly. "Tyler," Ash had finally joined the fight. "He wants his answers now give them to him." Ash seemed to ignore that he was being held for the answers. He acted like he was doing this out of the kindness in his heart, and he was.

"If I don't get what I want I'll kill him," Ray said impatiently. "You'll get what you want," Ash whispered. "Out now! We are going downstairs." Ray demanded and for Ash's sake his brothers did as they were told. "I'll never take the front exit out, we're going to the back let's go." Every demand that Ray have got them one step closer to getting Ash away from him. "What about your brother?" Ash whispered. "It was a fucking lie why isn't that in your head yet all of what I said was a lie or an act." Ray opened the back door and slid out still holding onto Ash. Tyler, Issac and Toby followed behind them. "Answers or he gets to die away from home." Ray pointed with the dagger, being careful not to take it to far away from Ash's neck.

"You peaked our interest and normally we would kill you but because you were one of the few who managed to get into our house we let you live. We wanted to see what you would do if you were put to the test of being stuck with us but that idea went downhill. After some conversation and consideration we decided that we were gonna give up with the tests. At any point if you wanted to leave you could of." Toby was speaking at a mile a minute and his older two brothers were just standing there staring at the human. "Now if you'll excuse me." Ash said pulling the dagger away from him and walking around Ray. Before anyone knew it he was holding Rays neck near the blade of the dagger. "What the hell?!" Ray whispered. "I want you to answer some questions before you go." Ash's grin told his brothers all it needed to, he was done playing nice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How much of it was fake?" Ash asked. Nothing. They had been asking Ray questions all afternoon yet he never answered. "How much of it was fake." Ash asked again. Ray smirked as he kept his mouth shut. Tyler sighed and walked over to Ash. He took the dagger from his brother and crouched down in front of Ray. It was getting cold out so they took the questioning inside and now Ray was sat on a chair as Ash was trying to question him. "Listen here you can easily leave, you just got to get through us and to the exit. The guards leave at night because we deal with the folks at night. If you don't want to answer a question don't but it'll cost you." He whispered before giving Issac the dagger and leaving the room.

The questioning continued and with no luck the brothers went to bed. Ray stood up and walked to the exit he reached for the doorknob when a voice sounded from the stairs. "Going somewhere?" Tyler asked as he walked slowly down the stairs. Everything in Ray told him to get out. He was already here for longer then he needed and yet Tyler was the only thing keeping him from his freedom. "What do you want." Ray huffed as he turned to face Ty. "If you want to leave go right ahead, but they'll find you," Ty whispered as he pointed up at the stairs.

"And if they do?" Ray asked. "They might bring you back here idk but I'm only warning you. Besides I even tricked them myself so that when you did this they would be upset." He smiled and Ray scowled. "You knew." He stated. Tyler smiled and nodded. Ray rushed out the door and left the Riverwood estate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning Tyler sat at the table with a cup of coffee in his hand. His brothers were just waking up and still didn't know that Ray had left that night. He looked up as he waited for each of his brothers to head downstairs. "TY DID YOU LEF HIM LEAVE!" Issac shouted as he stormed into the dining hall. "No brother I had no idea he left." Tyler's poker face was back. "Well he's not here!" Issac panicked. "Shit the questioning now we can't finish it." He groaned. "Did you at least put restraints on him?" Tyler asked even thought he knew the answer. "No,"