Chapter 6

Izuku was standing up after calling SkyrimDude, his/their actual name was Quinn, who was going to try and help him understand what was happening.

He quietly went out into the corridor to get to the bathroom. It was 2:26AM so no one should be awake right now, but it was better to be safe than sorry.

Quinn's call connected just as Izuku closed the door after him in the bathroom.

"Hello?"

Quinn asked, wanting to make sure the call was connected.

"It's Izuku"

They'd both exchanged IRL names when Izuku had a really bad day a few months after they met and needed someone to actually talk to. Quinn was the only one who wasn't emotionally stunted who was online, so that was that.

"How're you feeling, kid?"

His or, uh, their deep voice came through the phone like a soothing melody. Izuku never understood just how he could do that, but he was grateful for it

"Confused, scared and on the brink of tears. Which ones right now?"

Izuku responded, his voice cracking half way through.

"They/Them. Now, you said you were going to the bathroom, are you in there?"

Feeling around on the wall, he tried to find the light switch. He knew that he could easily see in the dark now, but it could be that the dark made him hallucinate.

Izuku had no clue what was happening, really.

When he found the light switch he quickly turned it on, but regretted it immediately as the bright light hurt his eyes.

He let out that disturbing hiss again in pain, concerning Quinn.

"You alright there Izuku?"

He nodded before realizing that Quinn couldn't see that.

"I'm fine, I think. I'm also in the bathroom"

He heard a quiet confirmation from his scaly friend before he continued.

"Do you know what's happening? This hasn't happend before. I don't know of any diseases that could do this. This being a hallucinogenic quirk is still an option, but I didn't see anyone new with Izumi. It could alsobethatsomeonefromthatalleydruggedmeand-"

"I'm gonna stop you right there. I don't know what's exactly happening to you, but I'm here with you to try and figure it out. Do you feel comfortable sending a picture of yourself to me? So that we can see if there really is something wrong with your sight"

Izuku thought about it, showing pictures of yourself to people you don't know wasn't a good idea, but he'd known Quinn for a little less than a year now...

He went to the mirror with his phone in hand, wanting to get a look at what he was possibly hallucinating.

His skin had turned a light grey with dark grey freckles, his forest green eyes had turned into a radioactive green.

Opening his mouth, he found that his canines had grown longer and his tongue was also longer, splitting into two parts at the end. It looked like the inside of his mouth was maybe a bit darker than usual, but maybe he was imagining it.

Quinn spoke after only hearing a bit of shuffling on Izuku's end.

"If you'd feel more comfortable with it, we could go into a video call so you can see me too?"

They were just trying to calm Izuku and themselves down, quite frankly they had no idea what they were doing.

All they knew was that Izuku had called them at what should've been two in the morning for him, panicking that his skin was turning grey.

Once they got a confirmative hum from him, they ended the call and started the other one.

This was Izuku's first time seeing his friend's face.

Quinn looked like a giant black humanoid lizard with bright blue eyes, if Izuku saw them at night he'd be terrified.

"Can you see me?"

Izuku nodded, now being sure that Quinn could see him.

They hummed in response before continuing.

"Okay, I can see the whole skin turning grey part. Is there anything else that has physically changed about you today?"

He nodded before turning his phone so they could have a better view of him.

"My teeth and tongue are longer, does that count?"

Izuku came closer to the mirror and opened his mouth a little, hoping to show them.

"Yes kid, that counts. Could you open your mouth a little wider so I can see better?"

He did as they asked opening his mouth further.

"Okay... That definitely isn't norma-"

Izuku tried opening his mouth even further, but his jaw unhinged showing a second row of small teeth while the first one grew sharper.

He dropped his phone with a yell and dropped to the ground.

He could faintly hear Quinn panicking and asking if he was okay, but all he could think about was his jaw unhinged like some grotesque monster and-

Izuku slapped his cheeks, and winced in pain at the slits that were there after tearing his skin, trying to get out of that mindset.

He could be self deprecating later, now was not the time.

Crawling to his phone he picked it up with his bloody hands, which were thankfully a normal colour, and held it to his face.

"Holy shit are you alright!? Do you need an ambulance!?"

Izuku could see them freaking out, rambling about the amount of blood on his face.

It took him a few minutes to calm them down.

"Kid, you didn't answer my question, are you alright?"

Quinn asked him again.

That was a question he could answer.

"No! you're the one who was supposed to help me be alright!"

Izuku was starting to panic even more as his voice sounded distorted, even to himself.

"Right... Right... Did something unusual happen before you passed out and was there something you didn't mention yet?"

He thought back to the alley and the snakes that should be in his room, he should probably mention those.

"When I was in the alley, my concussion got worse when a snake came up to me. When I woke up in my room, I saw the same snake with two more behind him on the floor of my bed"

A thought came in Izuku's mind, but he quickly swatted it away. It was way too late for that, it couldn't happen.

Unfortunately Quinn came to the same conclusion.

"Did any of your relatives have a quirk related to snakes?"

It was a valid question, but he knew what was implied with it.

"I don't r- really know much about my family besides my p- parents and sister... So maybe?.."

Then again it wasn't all that rare for some quirks to mutate and be completely different, but that couldn't be what was happening.

He can't get a quirk now.

He crossed that bridge six years ago.

He was quirkless.

Quinn saw his concerned face, so he decided to ask his next, probably sensitive, question calmly and cautiously.

"Izuku... Have you heard about late bloomers before?"

All that pain and suffering couldn't be for nothing.