Ch. 16

I finished this chapter at like 4 am because my sleep schedule is fucked but it works so

This chapter was a rollercoaster to write and I haven't really been plotting before writing so hopefully there arent any inconsistencies. Ignore spelling mistakes because Im not doing a read through :)

Updates are going to continue to be random due to school and work absolutely taking up 95% of my time but I'll try to write whenever I can so y'all dont have to wait too long for more chapters

Thanks for sticking around for this story, I still enjoy writing it and there's some crazy stuff coming in the next chapters

_________________________

Restlessness.

Every inch of Seokjin's body itched to do something, anything. It had been two weeks since he and Hoseok had gone on their first raid, where Hoseok had been shot twice. Two weeks since Hoseok had argued with him ceaselessly to consider giving them a chance. Seokjin had been avoiding talking about anything much with Hoseok since then. Even time he looked at Hoseok, he could see the impatience in his eyes, as if he was expecting something from him so soon. Seokjin didn't like it.

But he didn't like doing nothing worse.

They weren't doing anything, the lot of them. They sat around in the hotel talking and then would disappear for hours, and yet nothing was happening. Seokjin and Hoseok were sent out to steal more money and drugs from Hochul's men, and that was it. Seokjin's fingers longed to do something more, to make some sort of move against Hochul so he could get some answers from his father already. He had waited so long and yet he was still waiting. It was driving him insane.

Seokjin kicked the limp hand of a dead man laying at his feet, gun held loosely in his right hand. He and Hoseok had just finished another stupid job and his frustration was only building inside of him; he could feel the pressure of it in his chest. The raids helped a little he supposed, though he didn't want to think about the possibility of killing other people bringing him stress relief. However, they didn't always kill all of them. Sometimes, Taehyung would come along and decide to recruit a few of them, and then take somewhere for training; Seokjin didn't know where.

After all, Namjoon wasn't telling him anything. Or anyone, for that matter. Even Hoseok, Namjoon's second in command, didn't know amything. If things kept up like this, well, Seokjin didn't know what he was going to do. But he was going to do something.

"Stop playing with it and help me pack this stuff up," said Hoseok, who was busy putting the carefully wrapped drugs inside of a large duffle bag. His hands were quick yet careful not to damage or spill the precious goods inside. Seokjin was sure it was several thousand dollars worth of drugs there, if not more.

"I'm sick of this shit," grumbled Seokjin, even as he moved to help Hoseok. He grabbed the second duffle bag and started shoving the bundles of cash inside of it, not being nearly as careful as Hoseok was. "I'm not sticking around here to help Namjoon with his drug business. That wasn't the deal."

"Maybe not, but this is part of your training. You follow me, take down some of Hochul's men, and then help pack up stuff afterwards. You're still getting at your father, just not directly."

Ever since their argument, Hoseok had been unusually nice. There was no more stern commands or angry comments; he was relaxed, laid back even. It felt off. Perhaps keeping all of his feelings bottled up had kept Hoseok tense and angry, but Seokjin wasn't sure which he liked better. He felt like Hoseok was expecting something from him, like some grand confession of his love for him - the love he didn't have. It put him on edge.