Ch. 8

(Above photo: YoungJae) I wrote this a few days after I posted chapter 7 and this book is starting to get really good. I originally planned on it not having much of a plot, just a story about 0T7 with a bunch of smut, but it has grown to be a lot more complex than that. I hope you enjoy this absolute mess of a book, because I enjoy writing it!

Also the goal for this chapter was for it to be a little heart wrenching, so please let me know how your heart feels after reading it :)

_______________________

Seokjin shifted from where he lay on YoungJae's chest, fingers rubbing random shapes into the patch of skin exposed where YoungJae's shirt pulled up. His free hand that wasn't chained to the wall was playing with Seokjin's hair, lazy and unfocused. They were both bored out of their minds, the four white walls and two beds that resembled hospital cots in the 70s their now familiar surroundings.

He didn't like the thoughts that plagued his mind and caused him anxiety, but there were no distractions in the practically empty room they had grown accustomed to. Seokjin wished he knew how Jungkook was doing, but he hadn't heard anything since the first time he had been ordered to strip for the boss. They still didn't know his name. MyungDae hadn't spoke to him either, silently bringing them their food and not even sparing them a glance before he left again.

Seokjin sighed, glad that he had YoungJae. They had talked about the dumbest things just to pass time and Seokjin had never felt so safe and comfortable around someone before. Hell, he hadn't even known it was possible until now. YoungJae was amazing in every way and Seokjin couldn't think of anyone else he'd want to go through this with.

"Jae?" He murmured, voice quiet and lazy as he spoke the name of his roommate.

"Hmm?" Came YoungJae's response, hand pausing in Seokjin's hair as he returned from swimming in his thoughts before his fingers picked up again and played with Seokjin's bangs that had faded back to their original brown.

"Have we gotten our meals yet? I can't remember."

YoungJae's chest rumbled with his laugh, sending light vibrations down Seokjin's spine. "No, not yet. Any minute now, though. Hungry, I assume?"

Seokjin nodded, his cheek smushed against his warm and comfortable chest. They napped like this sometimes, happy just to have each other and not be alone. Alone would be worse. "Starving, more like, but that's nothing new."

"Yeah, but you've gotten better with keeping food down. Remember the first time they brought us a meal and you ate slow just to be careful, but ended up throwing it all up anyway?"

They both laughed, small smiles pulling at their lips. Seokjin began to push himself up with his hands on either side of YoungJae, only for their door to open and startle Seokjin so much that he lost his balance and collapsed onto his chest. YoungJae let out a huff as all of the air rushed out of his lungs, but Seokjin had already recovered and was sliding off the bed, quickly walking over to where their two trays of food were being set on the ground beside the door.

Seokjin kept his distance, careful not to make MyungDae think he was making a move on him, and only bent to pick up the trays when the door was closed and locked again. Seokjin's stomach rumbled as the smell of the soup wafted up to his nose. YoungJae had already moved into a sitting position, forced to sit at the head of his bed due to his chained hand.

He sat across from YoungJae, setting their trays between them. Seokjin took the lids off of both cups of soup per routine, picking up YoungJae's and handing it to him so that he didn't spill it like the first time they ate. He held back from gulping down the beefy broth like his body wanted to and took slow, practiced sips. It was salty and warm, but thick and filling too.