Ch. 11

The chapters might be a bit shorter from now on, but still good I hope :)

_________________________

Seokjin had never been inside of a hospital in his life. Had never seen what one looked like. His poor life had never given him the opportunity. So now, waking up to bright florescent lights and white walls and a beeping monitor, Seokjin was confused in more ways then one. He blinked up at the ceiling, mind reeling as he tried to pick up the pieces of his memory, but there was a terrible ache in his head that prevented him from thinking straight.

All he knew was that he had to be in a hospital, because where else would have all this fancy medical equipment and walls as white as snow? He lifted his right hand to push himself up from the slanted position this bed had him in, but he paused when he was the needle in the back of his hand. What was that doing there? What was being put inside of his veins?

Something nudged against one of his thighs when he tried to shift and his brows furrowed, eyes falling on some sort of remote with a thick white cord that disappeared off the side of the bed, between the bars of the railing. Did all hospital beds have railings? Did they think he would fall out of bed? He reached for the remote with his left hand, too concerned about the needle in his right to use his dominant hand. There was a red button that had the word "nurse" underneath it. Seokjin had heard of nurses before. Some sort of hospital personal, he thought.

Taking a deep breath, he pushed the red button. The pain in his head and the harsh lights above him weren't making things easy, and he couldn't think about what he needed to. What was he doing here? When had he been transported? What had happened? He couldn't remember the last place he had been, let alone anything else.

Seokjin wasn't sure how long it was, but he knew it hadn't been very, when the door to the room was he was in burst open. He looked up in surprise, eyes narrowed as he saw several people rush into the room. They were all talking fast and moving around as if in a panic, messing with the machines beside his bed and pushing him onto his back. Seokjin frowned, confused and getting a little panicky with how frantic these people seemed.

They all wore white coats and had light and dark blue clothes on, name tags on their chests, though he couldn't read any of them. He was sure he was in a hospital, at least. They held his wrist, pressed some weird instrustment to the left side of his chest, and messed with the machines beside his bed.

"What's- "

Seokjin coughed, throat dry and scratchy. Not a second later, a small cup of water was being shoved against his lips. He wanted to say he could use his hands just fine, but the water was too tempting and he opened his mouth, gulping it down. He hadn't realised how thirsty he was until he tried to talk and the cool liquid eased the scratchiness of his throat. The cup was pulled away from his lips once it was empty and his eyes finally adjusted to the florescent lights, his head no longer aching after these people had fussed with the machines.

They stood on either side of his bed, staring at him with serious expression. All of them were women, the two in light blue clothes holding clipboards. The women in darker blue stood close to him, hair tied up and back from their faces. Doctors. They were doctors. He was being taken care of. But how and why?

"Where am I?"

The woman on his right with a ponytail smiled at him, eyes shining in a way he couldn't decipher. Everything was just so confusing and he needed answers. "You are currently in room 208 of SNHU, a hospital in Seoul, South Korea. Now, please answer the following questions. What is your name?"

His name? Seokjin frowned, dropping his eyes to stare at his lap. Name, name. What was his name? It took him a moment, but he got there. He looked up at the doctor again. "Kim Seokjin."