Ch. 10

I apologize for the late update, but a lot has been going in my life currently so please bear with me! The following updates may be a bit slower than usual, but I will get them written and posted asap. Please ignore any spelling errors too :/

Also I listened to House Of Cards while writing this and it influenced my writing a little, lolol

___________________

Seokjin stared wide eyed with shock as familiar man stalked towards him. It was a face he had been sure he'd never see again. Hoseok had promised he wouldn't and he had sworn to himself, too. Yet here he was, arms held out at his sides by several strong hands. He was too weak to escape their grips, but his legs were free. The man came closer, a twisted grin on his ugly wrinkled face. His body was beefy in the worst way, a large beer gut jutting out from over the waistband of his pants. He smelled like the sewer and Seokjin's nose wrinkled at the familiar smell.

No, this couldn't be happening. How did he get here? The last thing he remembered was falling asleep next to YoungJae at the safe house Hoseok had taken them to. Had the safe house not been so safe after all? What had happened to every body?

The man was within kicking range, but Seokjin couldn't get his feet to move. It was like they were weighed down by cement blocks. Or maybe it was from the shock and utter fear flowing through his veins. All he could do was stare in terror and disbelief as the man grinned, a dark look in his beady eyes. Seokjin began to find it hard to breathe as the man reached out with his fat stumpy hands for the waistband of Seokjin's drawstring joggers. His stomach twisted with disgust and panic filled his chest as the hands came closer and closer and closer to touching his skin-

"Jin! Jin, come on!"

His eyes flew open as he jerked back, slamming his back into the hardwood flooring beneath him. The impact pained him, but his panic didn't let him focus on it. Seokjin took deep, gulping breaths as he took in his surroundings. YoungJae was there on his bed, eyes dim but alight with worry. There was sunlight coming in from the open window and the smallest of breezes brushed across his skin. Mark was knelt beside him and the rest of YoungJae's friends were gathered around his bed, though Seokjin didn't recognize three of the six.

Senses slowly coming back to him, Seokjin pushed himself up into a sitting position, hands shaking as he reached to check his joggers. They were still there, pulled up and covering him as they were supposed to. Nobody had touched him. There were no hands on his arms and everybody was right here in the room with him. The safe house was safe. His breathing eventually evened out and he closed his eyes briefly, pushing the nightmare out of his mind. The residual feeling of panic still lingered and sweat had gathered at his brow.

"Jin, are you okay?" YoungJae trying to push himself up, but it was clear that he really didn't have the energy for it. One of his friends stepped in to keep him laying down on the bed, though his eyes never left Seokjin. "Talk to me; tell me you're okay."

Seokjin took a deep breath and nodded, skin still crawling. "I- uh- I'm fine. It was just a nightmare. Sorry."

The room let out a collective sigh of relief and Mark let out a small laugh, shaking his head as he looked at Seokjin in amazement. "That must've been one hell of a nightmare. You were shaking so hard in your sleep we thought you were having a seizure. What was it about?"

"Clowns. I have a deathly fear of them." Seokjin said the first lie that came to mind and Mark believed it easy enough, laughing along with the other five. YoungJae didn't laugh though and Seokjin made eye contact with him, knowing that YoungJae saw what the others couldn't see. His nightmare hadn't been about clowns. Seokjin licked his lips and pushed himself to his feet, wishing he had a shirt to wear. "I'm gonna go get some air."