Ch. 13

~ Jimin is a bi king ~

____________________

"Why would you jump to protect him, at the risk of your own life?"

Namjoon had been bombarding the both of them with questions ever since Seokjin had woken up after being shot with a tranquilizer. It was beginning to give him a headache. Hoseok wasn't in a much better mood and was flexing his hands as he sat on the arm of the couch. He was glowering, but wasn't saying against Namjoon's questioning. Seokjin wanted to, had the nearly unbearable urge to tell Namjoon off for being such an asshole, but his senses kept him in check.

"I don't know. It just happened. I saw the guy aim and I acted." Seokjin ran a hand through his hair and glanced at Hoseok, who hadn't looked at him since they arrived back at the hotel and explained everything to a furious Namjoon. "Why is that so hard to believe? Would you rather he got shot and me kidnapped? Because I don't see how that would help you in the slightest- "

"Shut up," growled Namjoon with a glare. He was definitely terrifying in his own way and the amount of muscle he had was part of that, but Seokjin didn't care. He wasn't going to stand down. If Namjoon wanted to hit him, so be it. He could take it. What he wanted, was to know why they were getting in trouble for this. "Hoseok, you were stupid to take him outside anyway. What were you thinking? And in broad daylight? No wonder you got shot at! The whole reason my plan is falling apart is because you are making irresponsible decisions."

Hoseok's brows raised, disbelief colouring his tone as he spoke. "I'm not going to sit around here all day doing nothing, listening to Jimin having sex and babysitting him! You have Yoongi handling all the jobs I should be doing. At this rate, he might as well have my position."

"Now you're going to complain about that too? Hoseok, grow up. You nearly shot Yoongi and then ran off and put the whole plan into jeopardy. Keep this up and I'll kick you out for good." Namjoon stood up and towered over Hoseok, arms crossed over his broad chest. Seokjin bit his bottom lip, resisting the urge to cuss at him. All of this arguing wasn't going to get them anywhere. "Don't forget your place. You are underneath me. I am your boss. Do as you're told. There's no backing out now; you're in too deep."

Hoseok's jaw clenched and he stared up at Namjoon for several tense minutes, before he lowered his eyes to the floor and relented. Seeing Hoseok submit like that was borderline shocking. This gang must be really important to him for him to do something like that, and put his pride away. It made Seokjin wonder just what exactly Hoseok's life had been like before all of this.

With Hoseok taken care of, Namjoon turned to Seokjin. "Now, I know we made a deal that you would be treated well as long as you cooperated. This may not be entirely your fault, but you're still part of it. If I have to, I will terminate our deal and tie you up in a room somewhere until we need you. Don't push me." Namjoon straightened and addressed them both, looking severely annoyed. "As for Jimin, I'll have a talk with him. You, for one, ought to know how he is, Hoseok."

"Yeah, I know."

"We don't need a repeat of last time. If this is how he's choosing to cope with his stress, then so be it. We'll just have to bear it. Nobody complains about your smoking habits."

Hoseok scoffed and shook his head, hands curled into fists. Seokjin was tempted to reach out, maybe try to calm him. That was stupid to even consider. Hoseok wouldn't want that and he shouldn't have the urge to do so anyway. What was he thinking, wanting to console a gangster he barely knew? "At least my smoking habits don't disrupt the silence. I get it, Namjoon. Are we done here now? My smoking habits are calling me."

Namjoon sighed and nodded, not looking too pleased. Seokjin shifted nervously and twisted his hands in his lap. All of this arguing was constantly getting on his nerves. How would they carry out their plan to use him against his father if they couldn't work together? Seokjin didn't want to get killed in the crossfire, especially without getting the answers he needed first. He empathized with Hoseok's frustration. He himself was getting antsy for something to actually be done.