Ch. 9

I previously had this chapter already written and finished, but I decided to rewrite it, so it took longer to update this book. I also may have accidentally deleted the draft T_T

My writing style may have changed a little, so I apologize if it feels any different! I hope you like this chapter and thank you for sticking around, even while I wasn't updating for a little while ^^

There's probably some spelling errors, but please ignore those!

Question: Do you prefer short chapters (9-10k) or longer chapters (11-15k)? (Shorter chapters would mean more chapters, so frequent updates)

______________________

Seokjin rolled over in bed, his entire body aching. His legs nearly felt numb and it took extreme effort just to raise his arms. His body wasn't made for the kind of physical training he was going through. He was skinny and quick; there was no muscle padding to soften blows. Often after he finished training with Junseo he'd end up with more bruises than he could count. Luckily, he had a few days a week where he'd practice shooting a gun instead, which he preferred over fighting with Junseo.

He had gotten the hang of defending himself well enough, but Junseo insisted he learn how to attack too. But who would he need to attack? He didn't want to hurt anyone unless he had to. Well, aside from the people who had caused this situation and had hurt YoungJae. Seokjin wanted to make MyungDae and the boss pay for what they had done. One way another, they'd get their karma. MyungDae had said he was going to help him, but how was making everything worse helpful?

There was no regret concerning the time he had attacked MyungDae two weeks ago. In fact, when he thought about it, it made him feel good. Proud, even. At least he had managed to get a little revenge for YoungJae. Seokjin asked often how YoungJae was doing and when he could see him, but Junseo always told him he was fine and healing. But was he really? There was no way for him to tell who was lying and who was telling the truth. He didn't know who to trust, aside from YoungJae. Jae had never been anything but honest.

Some days there would be no training session and he would be left in his room to lay around all day, staring at YoungJae's empty bed and overthinking. Even Hoseok had deceived him. Sure, it was probably stupid to jump into someone's arms and convince them to let you move in, but he had desperately needed an escape from his previous life and he had to take the opportunity. But a mafia group? Seokjin had moved in with a mafia without even knowing how dangerous they were. They could've killed him at any moment.

He didn't think they would kill him, but who's to say they wouldn't? Despite all his confusion, he couldn't help but care about them. They all seemed to have bad backgrounds so it was no surprise they had turned out this way. Seokjin understood where they came from; his background wasn't happy either. But was all the sexual relationships real? Or had they acted like that because of him, because they thought that life style would fit him better? If they were in the mafia, then there was no way Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook were soft and innocent, so he was certain it had been act. Even so, Seokjin believed they had good intentions.

Seokjin had been so caught up in his thoughts that he didn't even notice the door unlock with a click and open, four pairs of footsteps sounding as they walked across the floor. Only when he saw the familiar man taking a seat on the bed across from his did he slowly prop himself up onto one arm, eyes wide in disbelief. He was almost sure he was hallucinating.

There were two men securing him to the wall with the handcuff and chain and they didn't say a word. MyungDae was there also, but he simply stood at the door and waited. Seokjin's heart was pounding in his chest as he stared at the man across from him, who looked so much better than the last time he had seen him. The door slamming closed was what jerked him out of shock and Seokjin jumped to his feet, reaching a hand out to the man as if he would disappear into thin air if he touched him.