21

Brooklyn Hospital

Brooklyn Hospital

June 27, 1991

Naomi Smith

    I walked into the hospital with a crying Mary, and sharane, everything was felt so unreal, I couldn't believe the news I had just received. Numb to everything not one time on the way here did I shed a tear, Devante kept asking me was alright and I would just silently nod my head, yes knowing I was hurting deep down inside. This happened so unexpectedly, so fast and so soon that I couldn't even process it properly. Why would someone want to murder her? Gloria was a good person who always helped anybody in need, she was fun to be around, made friends easily. I couldn't believe it.

I watched as Pac paced back and forth in the waiting room with glossy eyes. I could tell he was going through it at the moment, he loved Gloria since we were teens, always did right by her, never cheated on her, he was one of a kind. Just because of this tough exterior he shows doesn't mean he doesn't have feelings. I walked over to him placing my hand on his shoulder to calm him down.

   " Pac please, j-just calm down alright. sit down, take deep breathes. " I insisted, as he nodded. police officers stood in the corner talking amongst each other, doctors were walking up and down the hallways. Some were also waiting on information about their loved ones. The atmosphere was just gloomy, real gloomy. Not one word was uttered amongst the group. Everyone was tired and most importantly sad.

  " I can't believe this, who would want to kill her? I-I mean she didn't have anybody after her, was she robbed? " Mary questioned raising off kci shoulder.

   " Shit if I know, all I know is I got home from handling my business and found her laid out in the bedroom covered in blood," he explained before looking back down at the floor.

  " This some bullshit, your ass is the reason why all this shit is probably happening. " sharane muttered I twisted my head towards her, squinting my eyes.

Fuck did she just say?