25

I'll still be updating this book again, sometime this week! ❤️

Sorry for any errrors, enjoy!

August 15th, 1991
Naomi Smith
Downtown New York

The loud different sounds of cars made me want to cover my ears, the number of people walking along the strip of downtown New York was unbelievable. The different types of clothing stores and restaurants caught my attention. The sun shined brightly upon us, creating a beautiful day.

Using my free hand, I pulled down on the sundress to keep it from flying up, while in my other hand was a strawberry smoothie that tasted so delicious against my tongue. Twisting my head around, I watched him take in the scenery around us, smiling I playfully bumped his shoulder, " You Alright?" Looking my way, the sight of his pretty smile and chip tooth slightly made my heart flutter.

God, please help me.

He nodded and wrapped his arm around me. Quickly, I pushed the Sunny Rae glasses up the bridge of my nose, I'd hate for the paparazzi to see us out together. " Yeah, I'm good B. What's been up with your ma?" I shrugged and sipped the last bit of my smoothie before throwing it in the nearby trash can.

" Nothing really, I've just been doing me ya' know? I'm thinking about getting back in the booth." A wide grin took over his face, causing one to appear on my own.

" Word?" I nodded and playfully rolled my eyes.

" Word. But, before I can do that. I have to do interviews to talk about my first album and also get myself back out there. So, there comes the pressure, but I'm sure I'll be able to handle it." I shrugged and gave him a weak smile.

After being out of the spotlight for a couple of months, my audience begin to draw away from me which was a big problem. Plus, I haven't done any interviews for my first album. So, here I am back at step one. " You got this shorty, I'm for sure you'll be good." His dark brown eyes stared back into my own with a sense of reassurance. I admired the features of his face, and only the little things, attracted me to him aside from his personality.

However, he was my friend. And I wouldn't dare cross that line.

" Stop starin' it's annoying." I gasped, in embarrassment and hit his shoulder. He winced and mugged me. Wrapping his arm around my neck, he playfully choked me, while I went into a giggling fit.

My backside was now against his pelvis putting us in an awkward position. " Sincere, let me go." The shades of my glasses fell onto the concrete causing me to squeal. Panic filled my body, as I hoped no one would notice me.

" Hi, are you Naomi the singer?" A young girl, who looked to be around fourteen asked with a hint of nervousness. He removed his arms around me and moved to the side. I nodded, causing her to fan herself and hold out her notebook,

" Can I have your autograph and picture please?" Taking the notebook into my hands, I signed my name in a cursive matter and placed a heart below it. Her mother held up her Polaroid camera ready to take the pictures.

I look over at sincere who watched with adoration. I waved signaling for him to get in the picture.

" Come on, hop in." He pointed to himself, and I laughed with a nod. He stood on the right side of me, not bothering to smile.

After taking several pictures, she insisted I keep two of them, which I did. In the small but beautiful restaurant sat me and sincere. I glanced at the pictures one last time and gave a sincere a small picture. " Here, now you have one too." He smiled, as I smiled also.