29

Sorry for any errors, enjoy!

DECEMBER 23, 1991

NORTH CAROLINA, CHARLOTTE

Shades covering her pretty dark brown eyes, she quietly sat in the passenger seat not bothering to utter a word. Snow covered the sidewalks setting the mood for Christmas. Right hand resting upon the gears, he held the steering wheel with his left. In the corner of his plump lips, his pink muscle rested out of habit. Those hazel brown orbs of his focused on the road ahead. Occasionally, he would glance over at the dark chocolate female whom currently buried her face into the notebook filled with lyrics of unreleased music.

On the radio, I like the way by Hi-Five played at a medium. Just loud enough for them to feel the smooth new jack swing beat. Lowly, she hummed whilst singing the lyrics letting her soft beautiful voice fill his big ears.

'' This is still new, we're still in heart and breakin' too''

'' But, I know our love will always be there.'' The sound of his deep husky sung lowly, sending chills down her spine at how good he sounded. She pulled her shades down to the brim her nose glimpsing at him before playfully rolling her eyes. He chuckled and licked over his lips before turning his attention back onto the road.

She took the time to analyze what she had written. It was something different, something no other artist had ever written about. It was about infidelity. It was one of the many things she experienced with a certain someone. He's mine was the title. Extraordinary.

He's mine
You may have had him once
But I got him all the time
(You can't sleep at night)
He's mine
You may of had him once
But I got him all the time

'' What you writing?'' He questioned peeking over at her half-inked paper, however, before he could get a clear view she slammed the book shut and glared at him.

'' None of your business...How long do we have De? My feet hurt, my back is-" Cutting his eyes at her, he gave her knowingly look that meant to chill out.

Soon enough, The I'll take you there sampled beat began blasting through the speakers of his trunk ruining the mood completely. The sound of the woman's raspy-lady-like voice spoke amongst the smooth hip-hop beat. Let's talk about sex by Salt n Pepa.

'' Let's talk about sex to the people at home or in the crowd, it keeps coming up anyhow, don't be coy, avoid, or make void the topic''

'' There goes your little girlfriend.'' She sassed causing him to scoff. He knew the young female very well and knew she was shading the hell out of him.

'' She wasn't my girlfriend.''

'' Liar, but whatever helps you sleep at night. Mind turning this shit off?'' She spat back at him with venom in her tone. The jet black-haired female had now gained a full-blown attitude. Maybe it was her hormones getting to her, she thought. Raising her oversized shirt, she rubbed her belly in a circular motion that felt so soothing. She honestly couldn't wait to meet her unborn child. Just the thought of having him/her wrapped in her arms made her heart explode with joy.

Instead of rejecting her request, he did so just to avoid an argument. The last thing he wanted was to show up at his parent's house on bad terms.

• • •

Pulling into the driveway, her dark brown eyes admired the beautiful home in front of her. It was painted light yellow, and the different colors of flowers were covered in snow as ice could slightly be seen on top of the roof. Christmas lights were decorated amongst the lining of the roof for the holiday. An inflatable snowman resided in the middle of the snow-covered green grass.

The house was decorated beautifully on the outside, and she could only imagine how it looked on the inside. Engine coming to a halt, her eyes met the hazel ones of Donald.

" You nervous?" She nodded whilst removing her seatbelt. The two got out of the car and immediately got a feel of the 31-degree weather.

The sound of the door opening caught their attention, as his mother along with Nina walked towards them with bright smiles plastered on their face. The glow in Devante's eyes once he saw his mother made her smile with adoration. He engulfed her in a hug, as the two rocked side to side.

The last time he'd seen her was for thanksgiving, which wasn't too long ago. But, he was a mama's boy and couldn't go long without seeing his mother. " I missed you so much baby, god have you been eating?" She squinted her hazel eyes at him, sizing him up and down. Naomi lowly snorted along with Nina who brought her into a hug.

" Hey Naomi, I missed you." Those three words alone made Naomi want to tear up, and being that she was pregnant wasn't making it any better.

" I missed you too kid. How have you been?" The two girls began to engage in a conversation, it was no secret the two truly missed being around one another. It was like Nina was the little sister Naomi wished she had.

" Momma, this is my girlfriend Naomi, Naomi this is my mom." She shot him a look as he stood behind his mother mouthing not right now. She gave a close-mouthed smile about to give the elder woman a handshake, but instead she was brought into a hug.

'' Oh, it is so good to finally see you. You're all he ever talks about.'' The southern accent in her voice went well with her soft relaxing voice.

'' Well, that's surprising...'' She lowly mumbled and stepped away nervously feeling her hands becoming sweaty. She hoped the middle-aged woman didn't notice her round belly that could slightly be noticed underneath the big shirt. It was made known to her by Dalvin that their parents were very strict and church-going people.

She saw nothing wrong with that, but the thought of them judging the two for their unholy acts before marriage crossed her mind during their car ride.

'' Donald, get those bags and take them up to your bedroom. Come on honey, I want to show you around.'' Glancing back at caramel toned male, she gave him a look that read help, however, he gave her a menacing smile and ignored it.

''god what have I gotten myself into.'' she murmured.

-    -    -

Finally! I published a chapter for this book, it's been a long time lol. 

Do you think Donald Sr would be accepting of Naomi and the baby? 

Do you think Devante and Naomi will continue to get along for the sake of this trip? What are your overall thoughts on this chapter? let me know.