28

Sorry for any errors!

December 21st, 1991
New York, Califonia

Standing on the red stool, she reached up to plant the star on top of the tall green Christmas tree that stood nicely in front of the big window of her home. She stepped down with a bright smile plastered on her face. It looked so beautiful, the beige lights blinked on and off bouncing off the white walls.

" It's just me and you this Christmas isn't it?" She rubbed her 5-month-old belly in circles with admiration. Dressed comfortably, she wore red and green pajamas. She only buttoned one button wanting her stomach to be on display. In finger waves was her auburn hair, it fitted her chubby face so enticingly. She'd gotten many compliments boosting her ego.

across the floor, her red and white socks moved across entering the kitchen. Putting the mats on her hands, she opened the oven to retrieve the gingerbread cookies that she couldn't wait to taste.

It never dawned on her that after breaking up with Devante, she would soon find out she was pregnant with his child. To this day, she can't believe she didn't put all of it together. Nausea, weird cravings, emotions, attitude, and weight gain. She thought it was all a part of stress.

However, thank god she didn't let her stress affect her child. Placing the grey pain onto the stove top, she danced her way over to the refrigerator looking for her favorite, cranberry juice. Soon the song changed from Mariah Carey's all I want for Christmas to Let it snow. Suddenly the doorbell rang sending her to remove her gloves and make her way over to the black modern door.

In the cold, he stood with a red hoodie on, and a pair of denim blue jeans paired with timberland boots. Over his head was a New York Yankees snapback turned backward. A single gold hoop earring pierced his right ear. He slid in, wanting nothing but to get into the heat.

" What's up, baby?" He kissed her cheek, out of respect. She playfully rolled her eyes and closed the door behind him.

" What I tell you about calling me that Devante? Shouldn't you be with your girl and family during this time?" She turned on her heels heading back into the kitchen.

" Yeah, but you come first Naomi. You are the mother of my child, you know what I'm sayin'?" He replied, glancing around her home as if he hadn't been there before.

" True." She smiled, at the sound of the mother of my child coming out his mouth. Biting into the cookie, she let out a moan at the taste of it lingering on her tongue. His eyes glanced over at her and chuckled.

" Greedy ass. What you snackin' on now Nai?" He trailed into the kitchen, eyeing the 14 gingerbread cookies that sat on the pan.

" Food. Problem?" She cut her eyes at him, daring another slick comment to fly out his mouth.

He shook his head, pinning his forearm down onto the marble brown counter. " So, you not visiting any family this year?" She shook her head, chewing on the tasty treat.

" No. I figured I'll just spend it by myself. My grandmother says she can't make it out here until after Christmas. Sharane is back in Chicago with her mother. So, I'm stuck. I'm not trippin' off it though, ya know?" She shrugged brushing the subject off at hand.

"We got a thing, can't let it slip away, Go outside, it's raining sleet When our bodies meet, I don't care about the weather"

" Why don't you come back to North Caroline with me and the boys? Maybe you can meet my family?" Her eyes widen at the idea and immediately shook her head making him frown.