2 | jean kirstein

so starting from this chapter each chapter will be jean's pov and then y/n's so next is hers and then his and so on, okay bye

read the prologue first or else u gonna be confused as hell

-

Clearly, Jean wasn't gonna turn 18 over night but it sure did feel like it. It seemed like in a blink of an eye the four years flew by.

He had went to school and immediately made a bunch of friends who also wanted to join the royal guard.

From seeing one girl every single day, he saw a bunch of pretty girls now in the halls of his new high school.

Of course, they didn't compare to the first girl he ever laid eyes on but they were definitely pretty in their own way.

He created a whole new life. He studied hard, got good grades, trained, got stronger.

He didn't mind his new life. He had fun. He was popular and went to parties. Went on dates with pretty girls. Graduated top 10 of his class.

His new life was fun but he still yearned for more. No matter how content he was, he didn't lose sight of his actual goal.

Before he knew it, he was 18 and it was test day and he was awaiting his response on whether he passed or not.

He remembered the instant rush he got when they notified him that he passed. He ran all the way home and spun his mom around as he hugged her.

"I'm so proud of you, Jean Boy." She said in his arms. "You've grown up so fast."

She felt fragile in his arms and it made his heart ache. He didn't know if it was because he was stronger now or if she was getting older and weaker.

Then just a few moments later, she informed him that she was retiring because they didn't need a nanny for this princess anymore since you were now 16. Instead you were given a handmaiden closer to your age.

Jean felt sad that his mom was getting older but he was also relieved she was finally getting a break. She had worked non stop for 20 years taking care of kids who weren't even hers.

Not to mention how much a handful you were.

"I'm gonna make enough money for both of us. I'm gonna buy you a bigger house and you'll never have to work again. I'll get you a maid and a chef and anything else you want." He told her.

His mother looked up at the tall boy with dewy eyes. "You have always had such a kind heart. Don't ever change."

A couple weeks later, Jean began his first day as an official member of the royal guard. He was told to meet at the front gate at exactly 6am to begin orientation.

And at exactly 5:55am, he was standing outside the tall iron gates that kept the castle locked away.

He was excited. Excited to show his new personality, body and face to the boys he grew up with. The boys who always made him feel inferior because they had more stuff than him.

Kai was 18 now just like him making Ambrose 19 and Elijah 20. He tried to imagine how they looked now but for some reason, he had trouble even remembering how they looked the last time he saw them.

He was only 14 when he was ripped away from the castle and told he was never able to return until he was of age.

Once all the new members were there and roll call was taken, the day had begun. The whole tour, Jean kept his eyes out for any familiar faces.

So far, he recognized none except for some of the older guards who back then had just started. He recognized the lieutenant, Levi Ackerman, immediately.