18 | the paradis kingdom

wn : sorry for the wait & happy holidays!! there is smut to make up for it lol & also, i know this chapter is shorter than most but that's only because the next one is coming VERY soon and is much longer ok bye enjoy

You couldn't recall falling asleep that night. You weren't even sure how long you had been asleep for as you feel your body slowly start to wake itself up.

[play Speak Up by POP ETC here]

You shade your eyes as they adjust to the subtle sunlight that slipped past the curtains and poured out into the room.

Turning toward the ceiling, you do a small stretch in an attempt to speed up the process and get your blood moving again.

A loose feather lands directly on your nose and you twirl it around between your fingers. It takes only a few moments later to see there was several white feathers floating around the room that escaped from inside the pillows you slept on.

Talk about a wild night.

You turn to the side, fully expecting to come in contact with Jean who spent the entire night beside you and well, inside you too.

When your hand comes to meet his chest, it lands on a small piece of paper that occupied the space he once laid in. You frown as you read the note and hold it in front of your face close enough for your sleepy eyes to adjust to the letters.

Ran to the store to get some stuff to make us some breakfast. I'll be back soon. Don't miss me too much.

P.S. Go look outside.
- J

You smile as your brain reads the words to you and they echo beautifully in your mind. You set the note down and sit up slightly to get a better look of the room.

Feathers floated peacefully around the room and dressed the floor around the bed. Also on the floor, was all of your clothes, including your underwear.

You giggle as you see his clothes as well laid off to the side. He must've changed into some fresh ones before he had left.

You take a moment to take in how you felt. You weren't sure how one felt after losing their virginity or if there was any difference at all, but you felt amazing.

It may not have had anything to do with the sex at all even though it was surely a huge part of it. You felt light. Light like the feathers that danced in the air around you.

You tip toe across the cold floor and into the bathroom to freshen up. Once you're finished, you do as the note says and look outside.

It was almost like a dream. A strange dream where you happened to stumble inside a painting and now lived inside it forever.

The sky was crafted almost by hand. The pale yellow clouds that soaked up the glow of the morning sun swirled perfectly against the blue sky.

The trees surrounding the small, adorable cabin were full of life. When the two of you arrived, there was only a few leaves desperately clinging to the fragile branches as they drift away for the winter. Now, they were as vibrant green as the summertime.

Flowers grew around your feet and radiated bursts of color from the once frozen grass. Butterflies danced mid air as they fluttered their heavenly wings. It was like you somehow managed to slip back in time. You were transported to late spring, early summer.

Everything around the vicinity of the cabin you and your lover took shelter for the night, was beautifully alive like the love inside the two of you. It was almost like the world was a reflection of how you felt.