19 | the sol celestite

"I support most of your stupid ideas but this one I absolutely refuse." Jean quite literally puts his foot down.

You groan. "Why not?! Do you want to spend days, maybe even weeks, looking for answers when we could literally come here," You point toward the castle, "And just ask the queen who oversees the entire kingdom. Who knows everything and anything about it."

He looks at you like he's never heard anyone say something so stupid. He pinches his thumb and pointer finger together as he speaks slower in attempt to make you understand. "How the hell do you expect to go in there and have a 1 on 1 with the literal queen without saying your identity?"

You avoid his judging gaze and walk toward the castle. "Relax. I have it all figured out."

He stands there, flabbergasted and mostly annoyed. "For some reason, I don't find any comfort in the sentence." He jogs after you.

You stop walking. "Do you trust me?"

Jean's mouth shuts. "I do but—"

"But what? There is no but." You correct him mid sentence. "You either trust me or not."

From the bottom corner of your eye, you catch his knuckles flex into a fist. You laugh. "You can wait for me out here then."

He closes his eyes, his golden eyelashes catching the sunlight from above. You watch as he slowly blows air out from his mouth. "Fine."

You stare deep into his now open eyes. "You promise you won't get mad?"

"Not promising that." He answers swiftly.

You say nothing more and keep walking, face turned away from his as he walks beside you. You could feel his eyes burning into you but you refused to look his way. Mainly because you weren't ready to see the face he was about to make.

When you make it to the front gates, two guards step in your way. "Can we help you?" One of them says.

"I need to speak to the queen." You say as confidently as possible even though you knew how stupid it sounded. You, out of anyone, knew that it wasn't that easy.

The other guard snickers. "You and everybody else. She's busy. Come back another time."

You could practically feel the heat radiate off Jean's skin beside you. You could tell the way they were speaking to you had him on the verge getting fired up. He didn't have "royal training" like you and didn't know how to stay calm in these kind of situations.

You chuckle with a pressed smile on your face. "That's not going to be possible. I'm not from here and I'm kinda running low on time. So the sooner the better."

The first guard scoffs. "And what makes you so special that you think you can just cut in front of line of everyone else?"

You look at Jean for a spilt second and he looks like he's mentally beating the shit out of the two guards in his head.

You take a deep breath for this next part and lift your chin. "My name is y/n, I'm the Princess of Eldia. I need to speak to the queen, now."

Both their eyes shoot open when they hear Eldia but their shocked gazes then look you up and down, studying your very unroyal attire.

You knew you didn't look the part. You were dressed like everyone else and your hair hadn't been professionally done for about a month now. There was no shiny crown on your head and not a single flash of any jewelry anywhere on your body.

The two guards start to below with laughter. "The Princess of Eldia, she says. Dressed like that?" They laugh like it's the funniest thing they've ever heard in the entire life.