17 | on the other side

Ambrose paced the room back and forth while biting down on a toothpick that was wedged in between his perfect white teeth. He had probably been doing this for hour now.

"Can you sit down? You're making the room stink." Kai says from where he sat on the couch. He was twirling one of his dark curls around his finger. A nervous habit of his.

Ambrose points an angry finger at his younger brother. "Fuck you! You make it stink just by opening your mouth!"

Elijah sighs and leans forward, his elbows on his knees as he rubs at his forehead. "Would you relax? Do you want to have a head full of gray hair by the age of 25?"

Ambrose finally stops pacing. "I'm sorry but how can the two of you just stand there and do nothing while our sister, you know y/n," He holds his hand up to his chin. "About this tall,
loud, has an annoying laugh and has magic hands? Yeah, her. She's outside by herself and we have no idea where or with who."

"I'm not standing, I'm sitting." Kai corrects the first part of his rant and completely ignores the rest of it. Ambrose's eye twitches before he attacks Kai and the two boys start wrestling and knocking things down along with them.

Elijah separates the two boys before they break something like always. "Alright, alright! Calm down."

Ambrose takes a deep breath while he fixes his hair and clothes in the mirror. Kai returns to his seat like nothing and without bothering to fix his appearance at all. Elijah found it pretty funny how drastically different they were.

"What exactly do you want us to do, Ambrose?" Elijah questions. "Our parents told us to stay here."

"Well, we have to do something besides wait around all day long!" Ambrose snaps back.

Elijah could feel his head already start to pound. He had been getting migraines everyday now. It wasn't like he could call his sister to take away the pain either. "You want to run away like she did too? I didn't realize how much of an inspiration our sister is to you."

Kai snorts. Ambrose heats up once again. "Shut the hell up!"

"And she's not alone. Jean is with her." Elijah reminds him.

Ambrose scoffs. "Yeah, if he ever finds her. Jean was the worst choice to go find her."

Kai kicks his feet up on the table with unsubtle aggression which causes the dishes on the table to shake in unison. "He's the best choice. Out of all the guards they could've sent, Jean is the only one she'll actually listen to and you know that."

He then raises an eyebrow. "Why does it bother you so much that he went after her anyway?"

"I'm sorry if the idea of my little sister being alone with a man in a foreign land doesn't sit well with me." Ambrose says placing his hands on the back of a nearby chair.

Kai makes an annoyed face. "Jean isn't just some man. He'll take care of her. You really think he'd take advantage of yn?"

Ambrose's nails dig into the wooden seat. "You give him too much credit. He's a guy at the end of the day."

Elijah watches as Kai's eyes grow dark and narrow. "He wouldn't." The boy defends his bestfriend. "He would never take advantage of her."

"How do you know?" Ambrose crosses his arms. "How can you be so sure?"

Kai, the most nonchalant of all four of the royal children, stands up on his feet and anger radiated from his face and voice. "HE WOULDN'T!"

Elijah caught a flash of something in Ambrose's eyes. His brother always got excited when he managed to rile someone up, especially Kai who rarely ever got mad.