14 | pure like snow

"Jean. Long time, no see."

The room goes quiet. Except not literally but in Jean's mind it did.

He wants to break away to look at you to catch your reaction but for some reason, he can't.

Thalia was Jean's first and only girlfriend. They lasted two years together before she moved away. He lost his virginity to her.

And she was standing right behind you.

You turn your head around. "Tha-" Then you realize it really is her. In the flesh. That's when you turn to look at him.

"Well, don't act like you don't know me." She laughs.

"Thalia." He hops off the stool and embraces the girl in a hug. She smelt like warm vanilla with a hint of cinnamon. She was the kind of girl who always made sure to smell good.

"It's so good to see you." She beams, her shiny teeth beaming. Jean catches her look at you as you remain seated. He's not really sure what to call the look in her eyes when she does.

"Oh, Thalia, this is Andromeda. Andromeda, this is Thalia. We went to high school together." He introduces you two.

Introducing her by saying they met in school rather than by saying this was his ex girlfriend just seemed like the better, less awkward way to put it.

He watches as your eyes jolt open when he mentions he knew the girl in high school. He casually leans in closer to you as he pretends to grab a napkin. "Don't worry, she moved away before you started doing your birthday parades so she has no idea how the princess looks like." He whispers.

You sigh with relief. You sit up straight and extend your hand out to her. "It's nice to meet you." You smile.

She smiles back and takes your hand. "Andromeda. Like the galaxy? That's beautiful." Thalia says as she looks down at her palm.

"Exactly like the galaxy." You reply.

This was his worst nightmare. If he had to think of one, it was definitely this.

Jean only ever cared for two women romantically his entire life. The two just shook hands.

To be honest, when Jean first saw Thalia, he had caught a glimpse of her from behind and somehow caught himself thinking it was you.

She had the same hair type as you and the same build so from the back, the similarities were uncanny and anyone could've mistaken her for you or vise versa.

He had approached her thinking it was you and when she turned, he felt a wave of disappointment.

Her eyes were sharper than yours, almost like a cat. Her cheeks were full and she had deep dimples. Her eyes were a dark green color and she had gorgeous tan skin.

She was beautiful girl nonetheless but it wasn't who he was expecting. He obviously started up a conversation to make it seem like he didn't just run up to her for no reason. Everything was history from there on out.

They lasted about two years together before they parted ways. She told him her family was moving away and she even asked him to come with her.

He had turned it down back then. He wasn't ready to leave Eldia yet and long distance wasn't an option either.

He ended it after two eventful, teenage years with her. She left and he never saw her again. She wrote to him for a while after the spilt but he sent only a single letter back saying he didn't want to talk anymore and she never sent another letter again.

Now here she was 3 years later. She looked different like she changed her hair and started wearing more makeup. Even the way she dressed was different now. He honestly preferred her the other way.