1.3

talk it out

.

Jungwon drags Misun out of the cafeteria grabbing her wrist aggressively.

Her speed compared to Jungwon's is unmatched, causing her to stumble a few times.

She tries yanking his hand off, "Jungwon! what are you doing??"

He doesn't listen and continues to walk.

She tries again once he's reached the top of the staircase, "Let go of me Jungwon!" she finally escapes from his grasp.

He turns around, Misun got thrown off by his glare, making her nervous.

He approaches her, she backs up until she reaches a wall.

He places his hand on the wall making sure she doesn't leave.

having no where to go, she turns to the side to avoid his eye contact, trying to keep her tough expression,

"w-what's the matter with you..?" she looks to the floor as she waits for a reply.

"you." he finally speaks.

She finally looks up at him and furrows her eyebrows, "Are you serious? if this is about us pretending to not know each other, then I haven't done anything wrong. I haven't talked to you once and if I knew that you were going to be at the cafeteria, I wouldn't have gone." she says bluntly

He tilts his head but remains annoyed, "what the hell are you talking about?"

Misun looks at him in confusion, His eyes track down to her hands, and the bag she's holding.

he grabs it and raises it up to her face as if she cannot see it.

he points at the bag while looking at her angrily, "this, don't bring this anymore. Start bringing your own lunch, you're gonna make both of us look pathetic..." jungwon says as his voice gets quieter at the end.

Misun grabs the bag from his hand, "Is this what this is about?" she says in an irritated tone.

he looks at her as his face slightly softens in humiliation.

"I get it if you're embarrassed but, was it necessary to do all of this, jungwon?"

he removes his hand from the wall and just stares at the floor in front of her.

"Why are you so worried about people finding out something different about you? You think this whole 'jungwon works at a bakery' thing is embarrassing but, I promise you, whatever the fuck you did right now is much more humiliating than you working at some stupid bakery." Misun angrily looks at her reddened wrist and starts soothing the pain away.

She also starts feeling guilty for getting carried away to the point she might've insulted him.

He balls his fist after realizing what he's done, too embarrassed to apologize.

Misun looks up at him again, "I feel bad for you. You can't be yourself at all." she says.

His eyes widen after being told the truth, nobody's put him in his place before.

She scoffs, "don't worry i'll make sure no one finds out." she leaves before he could even speak.

he continues to stare at the floor, thoughts filled with regret.

.

The dismissal bell rang, everyone was too scared to approach Misun after what happened. She seemed obviously pissed after returning to class.

She hurries and leaves the school before Soyeon or anyone else tries to ask her.

she tries to get her mind off it by listening to music, but she unfortunately she didn't bring he earphones.

Why did he need to do that in front of everyone? so annoying.

Why would his friends care if he worked at a bakery or not?

or maybe he's worried about Soyeon finding out. But why? it's not like she would judge, would she?

Someone taps her shoulder from behind, she get's startled and immediately snaps out of her thoughts.

It's jungwon.

She puts her hand to her chest in relief, but why jungwon out of everyone else?

"jesus, first that and now this." she says whilst exhaling in relief.

he starts scratching the back of his nape, "I.. wanted to say that i'm sorr-"

"its okay!" misun interrupts him.

He looks to the side with an annoyed look,

"You're not being serious at all." he says shyly after mustering up the courage to apologize.

"well, you're looking for forgiveness. And i gave you it, did i not? she says bluntly.

"whatever" jungwon scoffs.

Misun laughs before turning back around to continue walking. Since they're going the same way, Jungwon follows behind her.

after moments of silence, Misun speaks up,

"I've never really liked anyone, or had a lot of friends, so I didn't understand why you'd be self-conscious about those kind of things."

she hesitates, "so, i'm sorry aswell."

The atmosphere is quiet while Misun waits for a reply.

"You've never liked anyone?" jungwon asks, completely ignoring the apology.

She thinks about it, "i don't think so."

"So... you've never even once imagined anything... romantic, with your crush? like in the movies?" he asks curiously.

She shakes her head, "well, i don't really watch those stuff. My dad says it's bad to believe in 'love' but, i think it's because my mom left him" misun laughs.

jungwon's eyes widen, but, luckily misun can't see his expression since hes behind her.

"your mom left too?" jungwon mutters.

"what?" misun replies trying to get him to repeat it.

"oh nothing, just something a friend said before."

"oh alright." silence comes in again.

"so, you've never watched anything romantic before..? Like titanic, or those kdramas that girls watch 24/7?" jungwon questions again.

"hmm, oh. i've read romance books! i've tried to imagine how it would feel to like someone, but, i haven't liked anyone yet. I don't think."

Jungwon nods with his hands in his pockets.

He exhales before confessing, "Soyeon's actually my first crush." he says.

"really?"

he nods as if she could see.

"I've found girls pretty but i've never actually had feelings for someone." he confesses again.

misun nods slowly then turns around to face him.

"why are you so comfortable in telling me these thing?." she suddenly wonders.

His cheeks and ears turn red in embarrassment, he tries to think of an answer.

"i don't know..." he finally says.

i guess i feel comfortable telling you.

Misun laughs before turning around again, "i knew you'd say that."

They finally get close to their destination. Misun points excitedly at the bakery and skips ahead as Jungwon laughs while watching her.

Today, Misun's starting her first shift, with jungwon.

.