2.3

believe me

.

"misun."

Jungwon looks at me, startled by the voice.

i look back at him with wide eyes, we're both scared and we have no idea what to do.

Jungwon's not allowed in here.

after a short pause... "I'll be going." My dad says.

We both exhale in relief.

We stay silent after my dad's footsteps leave the house and the sound of his car driving off.

We look at eachother, just stuck eye contact.

i tilt my head, "Tell me, why are you in here?"

He looks away and sighs, "i'll tell you later lets just relax for a bit." he laughs

It's really bugging me now, why does he come to my house and expect me to allow him to stay and hangout as if we didn't almost just die earlier.

"Okay." i agree as a lay on my bed staring right at me ceiling.

I guess he is right to expect me to let him stay.

I hear crinkling sounds and a zipper, like he's getting something from his bag.

"here." he says

i look at him and he's holding an envelope, "i'm not keeping this." he says as he passes the envelope to me.

I catch it and stare at the envelope.

"It wasn't for you to keep. It's for halmeoni" i scoff.

"still." he says, "you can't quit now that you've taken the job."

i sit up from my bed and look down at him as he's sitting on the floor.

he's looking at the time on his phone, the expression on his face looks like he has to be somewhere.

He's doing all this and for what? He's so stubborn.

i sigh hesitantly

"What's your deal? you told me to stay away from you and now you're suddenly in my room? I don't get you, Jungwon." i spit it all out.

He looks at me then down at his lap. A smile forming on his face.

"because i like you." he mutters confidently

I don't believe him.

"You're supposed to like Soyeon." i fake a laugh, "stop joking around it's not funny."

i look away with crossed arms.

He looks up at me and his smile disappears, his face is serious now.

"What do I have to do to make you believe me?" he tilts his head.

I look at him with furrowed brows, "Are you serious?" I scoff, "Nothing. Do nothing. Theres nothing to do because I wont believe you."

He stands up and I watch him nervously, he's walking closer.

My face goes completely red, I can't have him in the same room as me. He makes my stomach flutter, I don't know how.

He inches closer, his hand reaching towards my ear. I can't move, i'm frozen.

His face goes close to mine and I can't move.

He whispers in my ear, i can almost feel his breath.

"Believe me." he whispers.

He backs away and turns around, he looks at my bedside table and places the bag of bungeoppang on it.