(1) A New Personal Guard

A/N: Hey everyone! I'm glad to be back so soon. I already figured out what to write about for my next story and here it is. I'll be posting chapters twice a week. I'm balancing up school and writing this story. I hope you all enjoy this one. It'll focus mostly on Luz's and Amity's lives. Make sure to follow me and add this book to your list for updates. Don't forget to check out my other two books that I wrote.

Luz's POV

"That's one hundred and twenty-seven times I've struck mom's wooden dummies. A world record," I said to myself, flashing a smile. I swung my sword around with one hand, pretending there's an enemy in front of me. My muscles contracted, sweat was rolling down from my forehead, and my breathing was slightly rapid. I lasted for three minutes before stopping completely.

"Luz! I need your help for a second!"

"Coming ma!" I ran inside the house to see my mama struggling opening a jar. I sighed thinking it was an emergency as I went over to help her.

"Don't scare me like that mama. I swear it sounds like someone is trying to attack you."

"Oh don't worry about me mija. If anyone tries to hurt me, I can hit them with my chancla."

"Heh, yes you can. Where's Vee? Couldn't she have helped you?"

"She tried to."

"She has big muscles."

"I have no muscles unlike yours, sis," Vee came out of her room and headed to the kitchen.

"You have muscles. Anyways, here you go mama."

"Thank you Luz."

"Camila! My sword is screwed up. I need to get mine fixed today or else King Alador will kill me," Eda bursted through the front door.

"Again? You better go now before there's a line of men trying to get their weapons fixed."

"Will do hun. Come on Luz. You're coming with me."

"Sure thing," I grabbed my sword from the counter and placed it on my scabbard that I am wearing on my back.

Before we begin, my name is Luz Noceda. I am the daughter of Camila Noceda and Edalyn Clawthorne. I have an identical twin sister named Vee. The way people can tell us apart is our voice and hair. Vee's hair is brushed neatly and she uses a hair clip to hold a strand down. Her voice makes her a soft spoken person. As for me, my hair sticks out everywhere and I tend to sound excited and polite most of the time.

Moving onto my mothers. Yes I have two moms and that's because my biological father cheated on my mama, Camila, with another woman. That's when my other mom, Eda, came along and wanted to help her take care of us. Also I am able to call her mom or Eda. She taught all of us how to use a sword. She is a general knight who's in charge with the entire army that belongs to the royals of the Boiling Isles. Eda was the first female chosen by King Alador to lead his army because of how powerful, strong, and brave she is.

I wanted to become like her, so I had my mom teach me how to fight with a sword at a young age. I improved as years went by as I had duels with other people and won every time. My mama and Vee were pretty good using their own swords, but they would use it only for emergencies. They both work to heal people and animals around the kingdom which is amazing. Almost everyone knows my family and I because of how hard working we all are.

Now, onto the royal family. There are five of them and they are King Alador, Queen Odalia, Prince Edric, Princess Emira, and Princess Amity. I have never met the prince and princesses but I did meet the king and queen several times. I was able to have a little bond with the both of them once Eda brought me over to meet them. They did say to me that maybe one day they'll pick me to lead a whole army alongside my mom. That was something I wanted to do. After all, I want to protect the kingdom with everything I got.