(18) Stronger Than Ever

Third POV

"Are you two okay?!" Willow frantically asked.

"No! We need to pack our stuff immediately and leave!" Lilith held Hunter closely to her.

"What happened and where's Luz?" Boscha grew worried.

"She's distracting Belos. Luz helped us escape," Hunter's voice came out shakey.

"We need to help her. Who knows if she's been captured."

"Don't worry about me everyone. I made it safe," Luz came out from behind a tree.

"Luz! You're okay! Seriously, what the hell is going on?" Boscha began to be impatient.

"What we planned didn't go as well as we thought but another plan that I made up worked. Let's gather our stuff while I explain and get the heck out of here."

"Go on," Boscha and Willow started picking up their equipment and shoving it in their bags.

"The plan was a little bit of a bust. Belos was close to killing Hunter, and Lilith was being held down by Belo's soldiers. Thankfully, I sensed danger and came to the rescue. Now we're here ready to return back to base."

"Shit..." Boscha mumbled, looking down.

As everyone was close to finishing up, Hunter and Lilith hugged each other tightly. Lilith was soothing her friend with calm and comforting words. She even apologized for not fighting hard enough to protect him from Belos. Though, Hunter was just happy that everybody was still alive. The only thing bothering him was the fact that Flapjack is injured and needs to be healed quickly.

"We got everything with us, right?" Luz made her question clear to everyone.

"Yup. Looks like everyone seems to be set and ready. Now let's get the hell out of this place," Boscha climbed on top of her horse. Everyone else did the same and had their horses begin running away from the Demon Realm and back to the Boiling Isles. It was only ten minutes before the five of them slowed their horses down for the animals to relax by walking. There was silence for a couple minutes before Hunter broke it.

"Thank you, Luz. For helping us escape back there," Hunter muttered.

"It's not a problem. I didn't lie to you when I said I'll keep you safe. No matter what, I will always watch over you."

"I owe you my life."

"Not at all Hunter. You don't owe a single thing. We'll explain everything to Alador. He'll be happy we made a successful journey and that we are alive, but he won't be happy with what Belos has done," Luz reassured Hunter.

"My scabbard has pockets to place small items in and that's where I put the bracelet. When I was going to show it to Belos, I noticed there was a hole that the bracelet fell through. That's when he started to strangle me," Hunter explained his side of the story.

"I'm sorry about that."

"It's okay. I'll manage."

"Belos is dead to us. He doesn't care about anyone but himself. Soon, he'll be buried in dirt, and not a single soul will miss his sorry ass," Boscha declared.

"You're right about that, Boscha. How's Flapjack doing Hunter?" Luz looked over her shoulder to see Hunter staring at the cardinal between his legs.

"He's napping right now. Flapjack is not able to fly because his wings are crushed. As long as he is sleeping and not moving, he won't feel any pain."

"Poor fella. When we get home, I'll have my mother and sister take a look at him. They will heal him to the point where he can fly again."

"You really think they can do that?"