(2) Meeting Officially

Luz's POV

I felt the sunlight and warmth hitting my face, as it woke me up. It was past seven in the morning from what the grandfather clock says. I took off my blanket and sat myself up on the edge of the bed. I stood myself up and walked over to the bathroom to get ready. Someone already beat me to it.

"Oh hey kid. I was about to wake you up, but it looks like you've done it for me. Need to use the restroom?"

"Yeah. I'm going to get ready. What time do we have to leave?"

"In half an hour. Alador doesn't wake up until seven thirty. We'll give him enough time to be dressed and wide awake. I'll be saying goodbye to your mother and Vee," mom went to Vee's room first.

I walked in the bathroom and started to bathe myself. Afterwards, I dressed myself, brushed my hair and teeth, and left the bathroom. Lastly, I went ahead to put on my armor and my scabbard. I looked at myself in the mirror before heading to my mom's and Vee's room to tell them my goodbyes.

"Have fun Luz. Mama and I will wait for you to come home to tell us everything. As for you mom, take care of yourself," Vee gave Eda and I a hug.

"Will do kiddo."

"Do you really have to leave mi amor?"

"I must babe. I need to protect this kingdom. When I get home, we're going to make lots of love," my moms kissed each other. Vee and I looked away to stare at something else while we gave our parents privacy quickly.

"And Luz?" I spun around to view mama.

"Good luck on your first day. I know you'll be the greatest knight ever known throughout the entire world."

"Thanks ma. I will do my best serving as the princess's guard."

"I know you will mija," ma kissed me on the cheek.

"We should be going now. Don't miss us too much."

"Be safe you two."

"We will!"

Eda and I gave them one last hug before departing. I held onto my helmet between my hips and arm, as I walked to the castle that belongs to the Blight family.

"Are you nervous kid?"

"Not really. I would've been nervous if you weren't friends with King Alador. Good thing you're in charge of the army."

"It's fine if you're nervous. I was like that when Alador chose me to be the general. It was the most exciting moment but also scary at the same time. Being a skilled fighter paid off."

"Yes it did. I'm glad we'll get to see each other around the castle."

"Ah, yes. I don't have to feel alone anymore now that I have a part of my family there with me."

"Aww look at you being all soft Eda."

"Can it Luz or else I'll make you late on your first day," Eda sarcastically threatened.

"Not if I get to the castle first," I sprinted full speed to Alador's home.

"You cheater! Wait til I catch you!" I heard Eda yell out. I went as fast as I could without being caught. I ran past through the pathway that would lead me through the markets and shops. I slowed down and looked behind me to see if Eda was following. A couple seconds in and I accidently bumped into someone on the ground with me on top of them. That someone was Amity Blight.

I had my knees on each side of Amity with my hands on the side of her head. I stared at her for a brief moment while her hair is spreaded out and showed a sign of anger in her eyes.