(11) Together

Luz's POV

The kingdom was under control. There weren't any fires as the knights and I put them out. Viney was telling the truth when the citizens evacuated safely to the Cuticle Kingdom. Reinforcements were sent by Ivor and Willow's fathers to help us. I was happy to know that the Blights were okay and reassured their people. I wanted to see Amity but my job was to make sure that every single of Belo's troops were gone.

Three days passed since the battle happened. I got updates on how Eda was doing. She was sent to my mom to get her cleaned and bandaged up. I'm sure mom was freaking out when she saw Eda's condition. And I'm even more sure that she's freaking out about me not being over there with them. Amity probably feels the same way as my mom. As long as they're safe, that's all I care about.

"Hey Luz," Jerbo greeted me. I was placing food down for King to eat when Jerbo stopped by.

"Hey Jerbo. How are you holding up?"

"I'm holding up pretty well. I got some news from King Alador."

"What is it?"

"Well now that there aren't any enemies waiting around in the Boiling Isles, Alador decided to bring everyone back here today."

"That's great news."

"Yup. Good thing nobody's house was burned down. It wouldn't be good living in a condition where your house had turned into ash."

"Honestly. It feels weird to be here without anyone around besides our knights."

"Yeah. It doesn't feel the same anymore when everybody is gone. I'm glad I'll be able to see Edric again. I miss him," Jerbo smiled sadly.

"And I miss Amity."

"I bet you do. I can't believe she was the first to tell you that she likes you. I wonder what King Alador and Queen Odalia think now that their children like their own personal protectors. It's pretty crazy to think about."

"It really is," I agreed to Jerbo's statement.

--------------------------------------------

Three days earlier

Amity's POV

I was taken away from my father's kingdom in my parent's carriage. I was still blushing from the fact that I told Luz how I felt about her. I couldn't help but stare at my lap, knowing that my mom and dad were glancing at me. I didn't know whether or not they'll be okay with me being with Luz. After all, I'll be the future queen.

"Ahem. So, Amity...from what I witnessed and heard, you like Luz. More than friends," I looked at my father who had a small grin shown.

"I do. I'm sorry if you're disappointed. I know you want me to be in love with a man that's fit for a king but I-"

"Nonsense sweetheart. Where did you even get that idea from?" My mother stopped me from saying more.

"I feel like you'll disapprove of my relationship with Luz, and because she's a woman, there wouldn't be a king to rule the kingdom with me," I grasped the hem of my dress.

"Oh honey. We would never disapprove of your relationship with Luz. Heck, I believe it's actually a good thing to love Eda's daughter. Luz is the best partner to stick with you for the rest of your guy's lives. She's considerate, smart, strong, funny, and very loving. Plus, all three of my children are in love with their own personal knights which I find fascinating. But hey, you're all adults, and you can love whoever you want as long as they don't hurt your feelings. Anyways, I'm proud of you Amity. You too Emira and Edric," my dad pulled us and my mother in a group hug. I felt a small amount of tears dragging down and falling off of my face.