(16) No Need to Hide

9:00 am

Belo's POV

"Good morning sire. You look very well rested today," Kikimora bowed down after I came out of my room.

"Good morning Kikimora. I did sleep wonderfully as I look forward to this day for a certain reason. Before I tell you what we're going to do today, I must discuss an encounter I had regarding Hunter yesterday," I averted my eyes to my assistant who seemed nervous.

"What is it, your majesty?"

"Hunter told me that during his training, you two had an argument. You mentioned that you wished you left him when he was a child. Hunter came to me and I had to tell him the truth that we are not related. I could lose his trust because I lied to him. I do not expect that to happen again. Do you understand, Kikimora?" I placed my sharp, golden fingertips and clenched Kikimora's chin in slight anger, drawing a tiny amount of blood.

"Y-Yes sire. It won't h-happen again."

I let go and replied, "I hope so. Now, onward to today's agenda. I've decided on an idea last night that will be risky but worth it. This can be a key to becoming victorious once we achieve this plan."

"If I may ask, what is this plan of yours my lord?"

"We'll be having a war against the Boiling Isles soon enough. That is after Lilith and Hunter complete their mission and come back with valuable information. When we go through a plan and stick with it, there will be something extraordinary that no one has ever done. We will tame monsters around our kingdom to help us kill every single knight who steps in our way."

"How will we do that King Belos? They feed on living animals and people. It would be nearly impossible for us to tame a beast if all they want to do is eat us."

"Worry not Kikimora. Blood will shed but it won't be our blood. Instead, we will feed them to prisoners we have captured. Those monsters will gain our trust and will work alongside us. That is why today will be a busy and successful day. This is a project that is bound to help us win a war for me to rule the entire world in a few years."

"I'm excited for you my liege. Surely, your idea will work and make our army the strongest out of anyone else's," Kikimora commented.

"I like your enthusiasm. As your king, I order you to grab Steve and some of the finest, toughest men to help you bring out the prisoners and feed them to the strongest monster you can find. If no creatures obey your orders, kill them immediately."

My assistant bowed before saying, "Right away my king."

I watched as she disappeared out of my sight. The creatures that lurk around the kingdom always hide in the woods whenever there is sunlight. Most are sensitive to it, some are terrified, and some find it easier to hunt in the darkness. Somehow, Kikimora and my guards will manage to capture a couple of them. Whether it be demons, minotaurs, or any other monsters, they'll be on our side. Nothing will stop me, and if anyone gets in my way, I'll kill them.

--------------------------------------------

Luz's POV

I was extremely excited when morning came by. I woke up next to my adorable girlfriend who was already awake and reading an Azura book. She looked at me and gave me a smile. I smiled back before giving her a peck on the lips. We decided to cuddle for a few minutes before getting up and taking a shower together. Then, we dressed and got ready for the day. Amity and I left the room to eat breakfast when everyone was already sitting at the table.

"Good morning love birds. Hope you slept well last night from all the ruckus noise you've been making," Eda held a sly grin. Both Amity and I blushed a dark red and sat down at the table with the rest of the others.